Elsan on the GreatOouse

Wrinkley

Featured Posts

Hi, Not strictly Canal but does any one know if there is a list of the elsan emptying points on the Great Ouse?   I have the Imray map book and can not find the information,  We have also joined GOBA and still can not find the information.  Any help would be much help!

Graham

I recall there is one at Denver sluice and another at the visitors moorings in Ely.  Hartford marina (between St Ives and Huntingdon) did let you use theres and the water point. Thats all I can recall for now but I'm sure someone will add more. 

Edited by Martin Megson

The last two entries cover all I am aware of. I'm sure there's one at Earith (Westview marina) but there is only one small EA visitor mooring. For Buckden you can stop at the diesel point on the main river, It's a bit of a walk, so I hope you have a trolley. Priory Bedford is very clean (and in the open air).

There must be one in the marina in St Neots,  but you would probably have to squash a lot of plastic to get to it, so I've not explored.

The alternative is just to tip your Elsan into the river (with no added chemicals of course). This is still legal on this waterway, though I don't do it, and wouldn't encourage it!

There's also one in Cambridge, if you were thinking of going there, by Jesus Lock.

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

GOBA map is sadly not up to date.  Much better is Mike Costello's Google Maps overlay:  https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1fYjIJsnDNIwZLCDoulV5HngbRMA&ll=52.373663810396714%2C0.03766617739643152&z=10

Select just Elsan Points from the menu on left.

It shows Elsan points at:

Priory Marina, Bedford (call at office)

Cardington Lock, Bedford (in public car parl across sluice)

St Neots Marina (small charge)

Buckden marina (at side of office)

Huntingdon Boathaven, Godmanchester (small charge)

Hartford Marina (get key from chandlery)

Jones Boatyard, St Ives (back of paint workshop)

Fish and Duck Marina, Old West/Cam junction (£2)

Ely City, Willow Walk (EA key required)

Little Ouse Moorings (Call at farmhouse £2)

Hilgay (EA Key)

Denver Complex (in public car park - EA key required)

• Greenie 1