Morse control images please??

Featured Posts

Hi All,

My boat is of 1969 vintage and has two separate controls for the throttle and gear shift these are mounted on the bulkhead (see picture) which i find them difficult to use in some situations i am therefore going to replace them with a single lever Morse control has anyone got any images of there Morse controls if any are bulkhead mounted so i may get some ideas please ;)

new 095.jpg

Unless you build a plinth or have a side mount control (which may be just as weird to use) the usual ones are designed to go on top of the helm with the cables leading straight down and they need a lot of space underneath.

If you do get rid of those current controls let me know as I like the look of them.    

Edited by Robbo
  • Greenie 1

6 hours ago, Robbo said:

Unless you build a plinth or have a side mount control (which may be just as weird to use) the usual ones are designed to go on top of the helm with the cables leading straight down and they need a lot of space underneath.

If you do get rid of those current controls let me know as I like the look of them.    

That's what i was thinking ie a box type thing to bring the Morse control away from the bulkhead so i get the full throw of the lever :mellow: so come on show me your wierd on different Morse controls preferably bulkhead mounted ones please :rolleyes: 

5 hours ago, Ray T said:

I have won an MT2 single lever top mounted type off eblag which will be fun trying to adapt to fit :blink: 

6 hours ago, Robbo said:

Robbo if i do not need the levers you can have them ;)