4LW for sale

Joe Bourke

Featured Posts

On 30/05/2017 at 07:39, Athy said:

Now confirmed, by a Beta bod at the Crick Show: the JD3 has indeed been withdrawn from sale because it does not comply with new emissions regulations, but the company intends to replace it by "something similar". Whether this means a modified John Deere-based engine or Something Completely Different I don't know.

That's interesting, I wonder if this is a plan or just an aspiration? I am not aware of any suitable base engine unless its something obscure from China or India, and even the Chinese and Indians are now making modern lightweight engines. There is nothing else from John Deere, they do have a major update of the 3029 but its common rail and turbocharged. I suspect its very difficult to get any slow revving direct injected non turbo engine to meet the latest emissions standard. I don't think it would be economical for Beta to undertake any significant development work, they just marinise and paint (which they do well).

...............Dave