Distribution panel

jddevel

Featured Posts

Not sure whether this is in the correct location however question is what is the correct way/easiest way to make up a  12 volt fused distribution panel for the electric cupboard. Those I`ve currently seen appear quite small in that they only appear to have a limited number of fused connections. Can you by large blank panels to which you can install  the necessary fuses? Thank you.

4 minutes ago, jddevel said:

Not sure whether this is in the correct location however question is what is the correct way/easiest way to make up a  12 volt fused distribution panel for the electric cupboard. Those I`ve currently seen appear quite small in that they only appear to have a limited number of fused connections. Can you by large blank panels to which you can install  the necessary fuses? Thank you.

If you want good quality but with a price to match, Blue Sea do good ones.   They do two type, an old metal panel, and a more modern module type.   

Edited by Robbo

Another idea is to use combined switch breakers. I have various current ratings on a custom made panel to protect and control 20 circuits.

IMG_3506.jpg

Although many are used daily for switching there have been no issues in 5 years of regular use. Ones on the right are identical in function to those on left but for circuits normally permanently live.

11 hours ago, Sir Nibble said:

Just a little idea. If you use double pole switches, connect supply and load on diagonally opposite terminals, then an inline fuse connected across the other two. This is a neat way to use inline fuses and each is instantly identifiable.

I like that :)

• Greenie 1