Rikmansworth Canal Festival this weekend 20th & 21st May

Featured Posts

So who will be at Ricky this year then, (by boat or otherwise)?

We hope to be there with both historic boats, "Sickle" and "Flamingo".  We are only slightly daunted by the fact that the boats are still 37 locks away, and we are likely to have only about 2 days to do it, by the time we can et going again.

If you do visit, please look us out - we are allocated moorings 2A and 2B at the moment, which seems odd, as it could mean a 40 foot boat is trying to moor in the middle of a stack of 72 foot ones!

A thoroughly enjoyable weekend with a lovely Sunny Sunday finish in the log lock jam.

It was great to meet Alan and Cath, MtB, Cheshire Rose and Jeanette SH, many of whom I've known on the forum but not in the flesh (so to speak !).

Lots of smoke and spray during the tug-of-war heats and final with Jan on Elstree winning through.

The closing "Lock Jam" and folk dancing was a delight.

A few videos on this youtube playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqGHqimQWdADMS_MTtCdP7k69ZB-6ssGK

Edited by jake_crew

On 2017-5-19 at 19:45, alan_fincher said:

We are now installed.

Moorings number 2A & 2B.

Please come and say hello if you are visiting!

Your boats looked (and sounded) fine as you passed me at northchurch on Tuesday evening

2 hours ago, Jess-- said:

Your boats looked (and sounded) fine as you passed me at northchurch on Tuesday evening

Thank you, but unfortunately that has changed.

Unfortunately Sickle has suffered gearbox failure shortly after starting the return trip from Ricky.

We can't conceivably tow a heavy deep draughted tug 60 miles back to its mooring, so are currently looking at what our diminishing options are now.

(Bum!)

We didn't expect to go but a last minute change of mind and a very early start saw us get there and enjoy the festivities 

Lovely to see a lot of good friends and meet a few new faces too.

So sorry to hear about your gearbox problem Alan. I hope something can be sorted out soon