Inboard engine on GRP cruiser - cooling options

Philip

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, OldGoat said:

That's neat -self clearing weed traps - save having to rely on the hirer doing something....

It works but obviously not with the Vetus type Basket Filter,a conventional Cylindrical Strainer is better ,Ideally set so that the top of it is just below Waterline,allowing it to Flush itself when the Cap is removed but with a modest Flow so as not to cause alarm or a rush to the Life Boats!

2 hours ago, Philip said:

Can anyone help regarding my propeller question (difference between a 2-blade and a 3-blade prop in terms of performance and handling)?

I thought that two bladed props were mainly liked by the rag and stick brigade so they could lock them vertically behind a long keel to reduce drag. As long a s the blade area is adequate for the power supplied I doubt there will be much difference but I suspect a two bladed prop will not have sufficient blade area.

A two bladed prop might induce some kind of vibration as both blades pass any deadwood/leg structure in front of them thus masking the water flow.

V happy to be told this is all nonsense though.

30 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I thought that two bladed props were mainly liked by the rag and stick brigade so they could lock them vertically behind a long keel to reduce drag. As long a s the blade area is adequate for the power supplied I doubt there will be much difference but I suspect a two bladed prop will not have sufficient blade area.

A two bladed prop might induce some kind of vibration as both blades pass any deadwood/leg structure in front of them thus masking the water flow.

V happy to be told this is all nonsense though.

My feeling also - but I was afraid to say.....