Gas instillation.

foleyhancox

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, foleyhancox said:

By any chance could some tell us whether you can use rubber grommets on the pipes through bulk heads instead of using bulk head fittings? Will it pass the boat safety? 

The BSS states that a cable gland fitting can be used, no mention of grommets. The problem with a grommet is that it can wear through, unlike either a cable gland or a bulkhead fitting. 

https://www.boatsafetyscheme.org/media/268789/ecp-private-boats-ed3_rev2_apr2015_public_final.pdf

Considering that the gas system is the only system on the boat which can blow you up my personal preference would be for bulkhead fittings. 

3 hours ago, WotEver said:

The BSS states that a cable gland fitting can be used, no mention of grommets. The problem with a grommet is that it can wear through, unlike either a cable gland or a bulkhead fitting. 

https://www.boatsafetyscheme.org/media/268789/ecp-private-boats-ed3_rev2_apr2015_public_final.pdf

Considering that the gas system is the only system on the boat which can blow you up my personal preference would be for bulkhead fittings. 

Bear in mind the last boat mentioned on here for blowing up. The cause was petrol fumes being ignited IIRC. Nothing to do with the gas system. 

16 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Bear in mind the last boat mentioned on here for blowing up. The cause was petrol fumes being ignited IIRC. Nothing to do with the gas system. 

Yoghurt pot with petrol engine if I recall correctly. Diesel engined sewer tubes don't tend to explode from fuel fumes ;)