Stoppages

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

Hi Peeps

Someone remind me as to when winter stoppage programme is due to be published please. Sad fact is its probably quicker and easier on the forum to find out than through CART.

Cheers in anticipation.

I've deleted it, but the dates were in the last boater briefing put out a couple of days ago, I think first proposal early June, revised early July and final early August. 

Dave

4 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Hi Peeps

Someone remind me as to when winter stoppage programme is due to be published please. Sad fact is its probably quicker and easier on the forum to find out than through CART.

Cheers in anticipation.

Is this so you can get stuck on the opposite side of the canal to your mooring and test the data loggers again?? ☺

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Is this so you can get stuck on the opposite side of the canal to your mooring and test the data loggers again?? ☺

I have been told by swmbo that I may well be retiring. The thought fills me with dread but we shall see.

45 minutes ago, ianali said:

We have recently retired, it's wonderful! 

mmmmmm I may meet you for a beer to discuss. I have hobbies etc but not having something to truly focus on and see grow due to our own endevours worries me somewhat its not all about having loads of time off I have over the years closed down/sold businesses on and had a years break but always knowing I would be doing something again. Its the packing in forever that worries me I may not live long but on the other hand my Mum has at present had 36 years of retirement and thats a fair old whack.

Beer sounds good I'm passing Heyford soon. We sold our business last year and retired but expected to get bored and probably work again. We haven't as yet and can't see it happening anytime soon. So much to do, so little time. 

I retired 4 years ago, from a very timescale and target driven business. I thought I would really miss it, but a combination of moving to another part of the country, buying a boat, beginning to post on CWDF and taking in a very challenging rescue dog has ensured that I never have a dull moment.

• Greenie 1

8 hours ago, ianali said:

Beer sounds good I'm passing Heyford soon. We sold our business last year and retired but expected to get bored and probably work again. We haven't as yet and can't see it happening anytime soon. So much to do, so little time. 

Give me a shout on here when you get near for beeeeeer :)

5 minutes ago, ianali said:

Will do.. Any decent pubs near you????

The Bell in the village run by a great friend of mine is spot on. Average food but good beers and real ciders which is far more important. Of course we are also licensed at my place so we have beer here and I will stand the first round..........eeeeeek I am starting to twitch.........the thought of giving beer away you see :)

• Greenie 1