Toilets.

wullie

Featured Posts

Sorry to bring this up but having a problem with smell coming from toilet tank, its a plastic rigid tank, Vetus system and tank, have checked for leaks all over fittings and tank itself no leaks found, there is a big filter piped from top of tank going to outside, opened this up found plastic gauze inside under this was loose particles lying over outlet to tank, i was wondering if this is right as it would drop into pipe blocking air from tank, two filter gauze one half disintegrated, any help solving problem would be appreciated.

4 minutes ago, wullie said:

Yes it does, heavy duty white and black pipes.

My guess is that it may be these.   Get a cloth and rinse in hot water, ring out and rub/leave on hose for a few minutes.   Take a whiff of the cloth in fresh air.   If it has a mustard stink replace the pipes.   They only last around 5 years, less if they are able to hold waste in. (So install having a good drop).

its better to use ridged pipes if possible.

2 minutes ago, Robbo said:

My guess is that it may be these.   Get a cloth and rinse in hot water, ring out and rub/leave on hose for a few minutes.   Take a whiff of the cloth in fresh air.   If it has a mustard stink replace the pipes.   They only last around 5 years, less if they are able to hold waste in. (So install having a good drop).

Thanks, boat 13 years old and don't think they would be replaced in that time.

14 hours ago, Robbo said:

Yes - definitely worth checking the hose. And if you need to replace be prepared to spend a fair bit of money - butyl-lined is very good but expensive: eg. https://www.asap-supplies.com/hose/sanitation-waste-hose/seaflow-butyl-sanitation-hose-38mm at £17.95 a metre is much better than http://www.force4.co.uk/force-4-low-odour-toilet-hose-per-meter-m.html#.WQxciFXytpg at £8.95 a metre.