Trip to Crick this Weekend.

JonL

Featured Posts

After a long gap I'm back in a boat this weekend. Picking up a new this season boat from Clifton Cruisers and chugging to Crick and back, all to celebrate my 50th birthday. Would love to have done a week but just couldn’t fit the time in. Really looking forward to some quality time with my son’s and their partners along with my wife. So three quick questions please. 1. Who should I look out for to wave at? 2. Dinner recommendations in Crick ? 3. Do you think I will have any trouble getting visitor moorings this Saturday in Crick ?

Planning on taking it very easy remembering that it’s more about the journey than the arrival with canal boats and I promise no silly pirate hats, loud music and dead slow past moored boats !

Can’t wait!

Wave to everybody, I do. Plenty of VM when we left Crick last week. Best Pub for eating in Is i think is the Wheatsheaf. Opposite a good Coop store. If you prefer slightly more quaint Pubs then the Red Lion is good too. Have a great time. Ian. 

2 hours ago, ianali said:

Wave to everybody, I do. Plenty of VM when we left Crick last week. Best Pub for eating in Is i think is the Wheatsheaf. Opposite a good Coop store. If you prefer slightly more quaint Pubs then the Red Lion is good too. Have a great time. Ian. 

I'd agree that the Wheatsheaf has better food, but the Red Lion is more olde worlde.

When we boated to Crick three years ago there were no visitor moorings to be found.  We motored on past and moored up just Crick side of bridge 18 where the bank, while soft, is approachable. (Try bows in and leave the deeper stern out a bit.  Put a boarding plank off the bow.) You can then walk back down the towpath and cross the canal at bridge 17.  There is a straight footpath which cuts off a bit of a loop and takes you to bridge 13.  It's easily seen on the Nicholson's guide.

HTH

Nick

Edited by Theo
punchuatiern

Plenty of room yesterday, but there are restricted mooring signs put up for the show, as far as the winding hole.

food in the local pubs not bad, but not 5star.

dont Moore opposite crick marina entrance, not much room to get out and you might get bumpt into,

happy boating.