Jp3 fuel pump

R.G.

Featured Posts

Advice needed. I have a Lister jp3. On checking the oil level in the fuel pump I noticed there was a lot of diesel in the oil. I changes the oil, but do I have a problem here? Any help much appreciated. 

It is not unusual to find a little diesel in the injector pump sump. Just draw it out with a syringe and top up with engine oil. Keep an eye on it though. If the level rises noticeably in a short time it could indicate that the injector pump elements are passing. If they are you should get your pump overhauled. Don't ignore it as the pump cams will quickly wear if not properly lubricated and BPE pump camshafts are very hard to find these days.

Thank you that is very helpful. I pumped out the diesel and oil and replaced it with new..the engine had a good run yesterday and the oil now looks fine, gonna keep a close eye on it . Thanks again for the advice.