Narrowboat Pitting In Process of Buying

TwinPeaks

Featured Posts

I wish the op well with the new acquisition. The problem with boats is there are loads of little places where corrosion can take place without being seen so there is always a risk, with older boats especially. I just hope TP does not get too wrapped up in what may or may not be, for if one is of that persuasion it can ruin the fun of being afloat - 'cause you are always worried you may not be so for long :-)

Read the survey report, take any action that is recommended and then relax, enjoy and, if you like ,slip the boat and black the hull every couple of years.

Edited by Traveller

You could have the hull shot blasted and two packed. At least with shotblasting you know you get a real decent prep. Expensive option but lasts longer than bituminous blacking.

The pitting is extensive - ok not deep but extensive.

ETA I'm no expert just expressing an opinion as an engineer who does work with metal structures, welding and coat and wrap inspectors.

Edited by mark99