Alternater

markmiller

Featured Posts

have you checked the belt first in the past i had a fault where my instrument panel stopped working at all and it was because the belt was loose.

do you have an voltmeter?

if so set it to 20v dc and check battery voltages which engine is running. should be around 14.8v if i remember right. any less and you have a problem with the alternator or the wiring going to the alternator. so the next step would be check all the connections leading from the alternator.

depends on which Bata panel you have - sometimes the alternator lamb bulb fails, but the buzzer sounds (the lamp is needed to kick the alternator into life.

Other times the plug on the wiring loom has poor contact and needs to be pulled apart - spoken-severely-to and reconnected firmly.

That's what happens on mine.......

• Greenie 1

Thanks for the reply ...very kind.

There are 2 alternaters on the engine and on the display panel the sign with a battery and a letter d is the one that wont go out when engine is reved up....it says on the manual that its for the leisure batteries and not being charged.....i have tested that altenator and it ......if reading properly is working.....all my batteries seem charged.....belts all tight and i cant see any loose or broken cable.....the other altenator shows charging when engines running but not when stopped ....is that right ? I think that one just does the starter battery. Mechanics not my field lol

I will investigate further but just going through the motions !

Again thanks to all replies