scatartist

Featured Posts

Hi everyone, 

We've just come off the Thames after a few months and spent a loooong day making the journey onto the canal system. Driving our extremely clumsy outboard powered widebeam (3.56m width I think) was a breeze on the Thames but I'm really not confident on the canal. We've stopped off at Greenford and would really like to venture up the Lea (we have jobs in London but they're quite flexible and we have no issues with a long commute when necessary) but I'm not sure I want to tackle central London quite yet. Is there anywhere else we can stop on the way before it gets really busy? I've read a lot of old posts about Alperton/Perivale etc but I'm not sure if this would constitute 'genuine navigation'? I'd like a couple more weeks of practice before we attempt central. 

Many thanks!

21 minutes ago, scatartist said:

Hi everyone, 

We've just come off the Thames after a few months and spent a loooong day making the journey onto the canal system. Driving our extremely clumsy outboard powered widebeam (3.56m width I think) was a breeze on the Thames but I'm really not confident on the canal. We've stopped off at Greenford and would really like to venture up the Lea (we have jobs in London but they're quite flexible and we have no issues with a long commute when necessary) but I'm not sure I want to tackle central London quite yet. Is there anywhere else we can stop on the way before it gets really busy? I've read a lot of old posts about Alperton/Perivale etc but I'm not sure if this would constitute 'genuine navigation'? I'd like a couple more weeks of practice before we attempt central. 

Many thanks!

Where you are. Greenford, Park Royal. Black Horse pub. Fullers beer.

1 hour ago, scatartist said:

Hi everyone, 

Many thanks!

Alperton is not the most celurbrious place to stay.

Perivale is ok.

2 hours ago, mark99 said:

It's a sh*t'ole may be more apposite.  ...... ;)

Funny... "it's a sh*t'ole, maybe moor opposite" is exactly what I said last time I spotted an Elsan point.

B'doom tish, I'll get me coat, etc.

Cheers everyone!

3 hours ago, mark99 said:

Alperton is not the most celurbrious place to stay.

Perivale is ok.

Yeah Alperton does look a bit rubbish... I saw the CRT were auctioning off moorings there starting at 9k!!!!