Reasons not to move a boat part 1

Ray T

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Ray T said:

That would have upset him even more - he doesn't like others "too close" to him (actual quote).

Eggs-actly, plus, the walking about on your boat may just rock his boat and affect his signal.

Give him the choice "utch up a bit or let me tie up alongside and walk over your boat to take the dog out - your choice !!!"

• Greenie 1

I said "that's important is it" and he scuttled inside shouting "yes".

Arthur, you are right but we see the funny side now, and the dog conveniently widdled by his bow entrance this morning without any prompting.

Looking out now, he has two satellite dishes on his boat........

37 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

YES.

I have to remember which 'waters' I am on - imagine shouting across to a skipper of a yacht (who is of the female persuasion) and asking is she minds if  'breast-up' to her.

If she is a real skipper I don't suppose she would mind at all as she would be more than familiar with the term, if she were the yacht trophy bimbo she would probably just giggle........

Edited by Chewbacka

26 minutes ago, Chewbacka said:

If she is a real skipper I don't suppose she would mind at all as she would be more than familiar with the term, if she were the yacht trophy bimbo she would probably just giggle........

But - the term is unknown / unused on lumpy water, so unless she was an 'inland waterway' 'skipper' she wouldn't be aware of it.

• Greenie 1

From my off shore days "rafting up" is an accepted procedure, people  are only too happy to oblige, and will willingly help with the process, not quite so with narrow boating. There is also the ettiquette of always walking forrard of the mast to get across the boat next door, somewhat more difficult with a narrow boat unless it has a tug deck or no cratch cover.

Edited by Ray T

4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

But - the term is unknown / unused on lumpy water, so unless she was an 'inland waterway' 'skipper' she wouldn't be aware of it.

In the early 70's It was a common term use by Charliie Attrill the then Harbour Master of Yarmouth IOW & his assistance's also the guys at Lymington. also if you had said that to Claie Francis & her crew mates from the "Robertsons Golly" days they would all have lifted their sweaters

Edited by X Alan W

11 minutes ago, X Alan W said:

In the early 70's It was a common term use by Charliie Attrill the then Harbour Master of Yarmouth IOW & his assistance's also the guys at Lymington. also if you had said that to Claie Francis & her crew mates from the "Robertsons Golly" days they would all have lifted their sweaters

Dream on

I've just put some of these signs in the windows of my boat - helpfully provided by a boater (Andy W on NB Libelula) via a CRT newsletter. Lots of different versions and colours. I printed mine at A5. I may have a photo somewhere.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xiqi8svkru4o8vf/AACw-vNwY3nn7EcfmZQm89uja?dl=0

4 hours ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

I've just put some of these signs in the windows of my boat - helpfully provided by a boater (Andy W on NB Libelula) via a CRT newsletter. Lots of different versions and colours. I printed mine at A5. I may have a photo somewhere.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xiqi8svkru4o8vf/AACw-vNwY3nn7EcfmZQm89uja?dl=0

They're great thank you. 

Could you please also create one that says "Sod off, I've just set up my satellite and want to watch Bargain Hunt"

43 minutes ago, MHS said:

They're great thank you. 

Could you please also create one that says "Sod off, I've just set up my satellite and want to watch Bargain Hunt"

I'll ask him.  You can see the sign on the small window here.DSCF9584.JPG.ba7842e7a8c4b885c318f09719cf10bd.JPG

Edited by Scholar Gypsy
  • Greenie 1