help to unseize immersion in calorifier please!

IainW

Featured Posts

OP hasn't confirmed ti, but it appears the whole saga would have been avoided if he had removed a couple of bits of piping in the first place.  :banghead:   B)

my dear old departed dad always used to say there are 3 parts to any job - preparing to do it, doing it and cleaning up after doing it.  I'm in my eighth decade and still haven't learned that properly.  

5 hours ago, Murflynn said:

OP hasn't confirmed ti, but it appears the whole saga would have been avoided if he had removed a couple of bits of piping in the first place.  :banghead:   B)

my dear old departed dad always used to say there are 3 parts to any job - preparing to do it, doing it and cleaning up after doing it.  I'm in my eighth decade and still haven't learned that properly.  

But had he used an "O" ring in the first place, then a simple box spanner would have worked, without removing any pipework, and the job complete in half an hour, and the post would never had been raised.

You start off simple, then sometimes you need to step back and review the next step. Is this the right way to go?

I was amazed at how much punishment that flange could take, I was certain it would either collapse or shear off.

I have done a couple and I was advised a shock load rather than increasing torque. Keeping it full of water was a good tip though.