Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
mrsmelly

SIMPLY NO CONTEST

Featured Posts

Greenie Tony.

Really annoys me that having banned people from here, they continue to 'take digs' at them too.

Members here can chat about Thunderboat.

Many Thunderboat members can't even come here to read the comments.

Rog

PS I wasn't banned....just disgusted.

• Greenie 1

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 09:12, rowland al said:

From what I've seen, newbies are treated much more friendlier there than here. I felt like I was being bullied like a new starter at primary school here. 

I'm intrigued as to why there has been no comment from anyone 'In Power' as to this comment, that's a pretty scathing observation posted and something that I would of thought would need to be rectified!

Quite probably why this site boasts so many 'members' but actually, has so few 'active' contributors!

Edited by andyberg
  • Greenie 2

It's a forum. The internet is full of them. Different folk have different styles. Not everyone likes robust debate, others thrive on it. My first post on here was met with a response from Chris W that I should 'go away and not try to play with the boys in long trousers'. Some folk might have run away, I laughed. 

I frequent both , I enjoy the relaxed attitude in Thunderboat more than here. I enjoy a good expletive in real life, why not on a forum? Mostly it's friendly banter.

I'm more disturbed by right wing  twaddle, there or here, however politely expressed. I ignore anything I don't like. 

I was disturbed by modgate, banning people without reason or prospect of appeal. I cancelled my subscription.

I also found a "belittle the newbies" attitude here when I joined, I hope its stopped. 

• Greenie 2

17 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

I frequent both , I enjoy the relaxed attitude in Thunderboat more than here. I enjoy a good expletive in real life, why not on a forum? 

I too can have " The craic " in the pub or with like minded mates BUT its an open forum and maybe my 14 year old grandaughter or some of my younger grandkids might log on and take a peek as grandad live on a boat and using the F and C word on open forums is totaly unnecesary and shows the general standard of the said posters.

• Greenie 3

5 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I too can have " The craic " in the pub or with like minded mates BUT its an open forum and maybe my 14 year old grandaughter or some of my younger grandkids might log on and take a peek as grandad live on a boat and using the F and C word on open forums is totaly unnecesary 

It's a big bad world out there ya know!

How have you managed to keep them safe from nasty swear words? 

Theres far worse than an odd F word freely available direct from google!!

Edited by andyberg
  • Greenie 1

29 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

I frequent both , I enjoy the relaxed attitude in Thunderboat more than here. I enjoy a good expletive in real life, why not on a forum? Mostly it's friendly banter.

I'm more disturbed by right wing  twaddle, there or here, however politely expressed. I ignore anything I don't like. 

I was disturbed by modgate, banning people without reason or prospect of appeal. I cancelled my subscription.

I also found a "belittle the newbies" attitude here when I joined, I hope its stopped. 

Quite right, there has been a lot of that on here. Also I have seen posters who perhaps don't post so often ridiculed in various ways. Some people find it hard to deal with. If I felt I was being treated thus, it would make me more determined to post, but not everybody can be bothered.

1 minute ago, andyberg said:

It's a big bad world out there ya know!

How have you managed to keep them safe from nasty swear words for 14 years?

Iam sure they have heard worse but posting it on an open forum is not needed and I find usualy posted by anonimous idiots without the bottle to give their location or anything so a bit like rioters who throw stones or petrol bombs with a face mask on, soft lads.

4 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Iam sure they have heard worse but posting it on an open forum is not needed and I find usualy posted by anonimous idiots without the bottle to give their location or anything so a bit like rioters who throw stones or petrol bombs with a face mask on, soft lads.

5 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Have you seen some of them when they are on crime watch? I too would wear a mask if I looked like some of them ;)

• Greenie 1

16 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

What a strange & hypocritical analogy posted by someone who has gone on a forum as a guest yet judge it all,on another 'safe' forum, by one thread they have read!

Edited by andyberg
  • Greenie 1

14 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I'm speechless.

• Greenie 1

13 hours ago, andyberg said:

I'm intrigued as to why there has been no comment from anyone 'In Power' as to this comment, that's a pretty scathing observation posted and something that I would of thought would need to be rectified!

Quite probably why this site boasts so many 'members' but actually, has so few 'active' contributors!

Have you not noticed. I only just normally read threads here. I have noticed since the issues last year, 50% of new members are accused of being at least one former member.

I read new starter threads as they ask questions that I'm interested in the answers. So notice it more.

Edited by thebfg

Sign in to follow this