Looking for new mooring

churchward

Featured Posts

I am looking for a new mooring for our boat (50ft NB) for later this year so does the panel have any suggestions. I am looking for moorings (leisure) on Llangollen or Shropshire union around Nantwich/Barbridge or on the Middlewhich branch. Any suggestions really.  I would prefer offside and would need parking for the car when we are on the boat not too worried about other facilities depending on the price.

I have looked on the C&RT moorings site but not come up with much

If you have a telephone number or contact details and don't wish to post on open forum then do please PM me.

11 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

There are long term mooring which I thought were CRT in Barbridge on the SU between the junction and the pub, they don't look full. There are also some on the Middlewich Branch at bridge 3/4 I can collect names for you as I pass.

That would be kind of you.  There are a few sites it seems along the Middlewich branch I don't know if they are all the same or different owners.

1 hour ago, churchward said:

That would be kind of you.  There are a few sites it seems along the Middlewich branch I don't know if they are all the same or different owners.

If you don't hear from me by next Wednesday PM me as it will mean I cant find the posting to reply to

As above, Park Farm moorings at the Middlewich end of the branch are private. Stoke Hall Lane moorings at the other end are CRT moorings. Stoke Hall lane has parking but no facilities except rubbish (& maybe water?). 

Other private moorings on Middlewich Branch are Venetian Marina & Aqueduct Marina plus Midway Boats which is a boatyard with a decent amount of private online moorings (both offside and towpath). Venetian Marina also own the short stretch of online moorings just above Cholmondeston Lock.

Other moorings in the Shroppie/Middlewich Branch junction area are Nantwich Marina, Nantwich Border Counties Yacht Club, Henhull CRT Moorings (you need a dingy to get to boat), Hurleston offside (private moorings online), Barbridge CRT moorings offside and Calveley CRT mooring (both offside & towpath side).

Calveley, Barbridge, Stoke Hall Lane & Calveley all look like the have vacancies/spaces. I know the CRT system is not particularly efficient and i believe it's a good idea to just ring the local moorings manager and that this produces results.

If you want any more info on this area just give me a shout. I know every inch of it in detail. 

2 hours ago, rasputin said:

NBCYC

I have had a look at their website but their membership details stipulates that to moor at the NBCYC club the boat needs to be 40ft or under. That being the case the club is not an option sadly.

2 minutes ago, junior said:

As above, Park Farm moorings at the Middlewich end of the branch are private. Stoke Hall Lane moorings at the other end are CRT moorings. Stoke Hall lane has parking but no facilities except rubbish (& maybe water?). 

Other private moorings on Middlewich Branch are Venetian Marina & Aqueduct Marina plus Midway Boats which is a boatyard with a decent amount of private online moorings (both offside and towpath). Venetian Marina also own the short stretch of online moorings just above Cholmondeston Lock.

Other moorings in the Shroppie/Middlewich Branch junction area are Nantwich Marina, Nantwich Border Counties Yacht Club, Henhull CRT Moorings (you need a dingy to get to boat), Hurleston offside (private moorings online), Barbridge CRT moorings offside and Calveley CRT mooring (both offside & towpath side).

Calveley, Barbridge, Stoke Hall Lane & Calveley all look like the have vacancies/spaces. I know the CRT system is not particularly efficient and i believe it's a good idea to just ring the local moorings manager and that this produces results.

If you want any more info on this area just give me a shout. I know every inch of it in detail. 

Well that sounds like I don't need to bother. What is the off side one between Herlston Junction and the pub at Barbridg

8 hours ago, churchward said:

I have had a look at their website but their membership details stipulates that to moor at the NBCYC club the boat needs to be 40ft or under. That being the case the club is not an option sadly.

Sorry, I miss read your OP

There should be space at Henhull.  About a mile from Nantwich,  CRT offside mooring.   Need a dinghy to cross the canal, but the moorings are well spaced out and quiet.  I've been here over 20 years.  Contact Sandy Dunstan,   Sandie Dunstan <Sandie.Dunstan@canalrivertrust.org.uk>.

32 minutes ago, dor said:

There should be space at Henhull.  About a mile from Nantwich,  CRT offside mooring.   Need a dinghy to cross the canal, but the moorings are well spaced out and quiet.  I've been here over 20 years.  Contact Sandy Dunstan,   Sandie Dunstan <Sandie.Dunstan@canalrivertrust.org.uk>.

Not sure what SWMBO will say about rowing across to the mooring but a lock car park sounds OK. I looked on the CRT Mooring Website and they say no vacancies but will try your contact details and see what they say.

23 hours ago, Jamboat said:

I know of one on the Barbridge CR&T site that will be coming up in June as a friend of mine is giving it up, his is 57' so plenty long enough. 

I can see one for Barbridge on the CRT mooring site but it says there is no parking facilities. So that seems to make it a bit of a challenge and it is not that cheap either sadly.

Have you thought of Calveley only about 20 minutes from Barbridge and there is a winding hole about another 20 minutes north of it. Its a CRT mooring on both sides and a handy cafe at the cheese shop, good parking water toilets showers and elsan, there may be a pumpout I didn't check.

3 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Have you thought of Calveley only about 20 minutes from Barbridge and there is a winding hole about another 20 minutes north of it. Its a CRT mooring on both sides and a handy cafe at the cheese shop, good parking water toilets showers and elsan, there may be a pumpout I didn't check.

Yep there's a pumpout.

4 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Thanks I will have a look.

43 minutes ago, junior said:

Yep there's a pumpout.

The odd thing I find when looking for details of these sites is that the CRT moorings site only shows those sites they say have vacancies but it does not show a menu of all sites.  If you know  name of a site like Calveley and type into Google it will come up with a link to the CRT moorings site and when the link is followed it does show you the info of that site.