Nene - U/S Cotterstock lock.

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

The Nene is blocked by fallen tree at Cotterstock - due to be removed tomorrow (Thursday).

After Salters Lode, the Northampton Oil pipe, and now this, we're expecting plagues of frogs and locusts next to frustrate The Escape From The Fens.

Cheers,

MP.

17 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

The Nene is blocked by fallen tree at Cotterstock - due to be removed tomorrow (Thursday).

After Salters Lode, the Northampton Oil pipe, and now this, we're expecting plagues of frogs and locusts next to frustrate The Escape From The Fens.

Cheers,

MP.

Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night.

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
'Relax' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'
Edited by rusty69

It was a BIG tree.

Northampton to Wollaston is still closed due to low water levels, according to the Navigation notices web page, I think we can ignore that one.

We're on the FOTRN moorings at Woodford and all is right with the world.

MP.

Edited by MoominPapa
grammar

On 07/04/2017 at 21:19, Keeping Up said:

We came down from Northampton today to the FORTN mooring at Doddington which is on the reach immediately above Wollaston. The water level is perfectly normal all the way.

Of course. The EA navigation pages are run using some centrally provided government IT system and therefore totally useless. It seems to be impossible for anyone in the EA navigation team to get stuff up there in a timely manner, and totally impossible from them to remove anything - hence the warning of low water levels left over from late last summer.

To get timely navigation info for the EA East Anglian waterways the best strategy is to follow PaulSeparovicEA on twitter. The guys are doing the job,  but the official tools they're given are crap.

Cheers,

MP.

8 hours ago, MoominPapa said:

Of course. The EA navigation pages are run using some centrally provided government IT system and therefore totally useless. It seems to be impossible for anyone in the EA navigation team to get stuff up there in a timely manner, and totally impossible from them to remove anything - hence the warning of low water levels left over from late last summer.

To get timely navigation info for the EA East Anglian waterways the best strategy is to follow PaulSeparovicEA on twitter. The guys are doing the job,  but the official tools they're given are crap.

Cheers,

MP.

I agree. I have also got myself on the email list for any navigation notices that are issued on the Nene.

Not managed it yet for the Great Ouse but as MP says twitter works well. I use a free service called tweetymail that sends me an email whenever Paul tweets something.