Stanley Ferry - BW Facilites

Mr Norman

Featured Posts

In anticipation of a visit, I wandered over to Stanley Ferry to have a look at what is available. Apologies for some simple questions! This is the nearest location of a pumpout for me. The facilities block is by the swing bridge so boats have to moor either lower down or above this.  Has anyone used the self service pumpout? Is all the gear inside the block? Is there a separate water source in the block for rinsing? Are the controls and card/money slot inside as well? And, finally, how long does each card give you?

The answers may be blindingly obvious to most but I just want to be clear as to what is needed and involved.

Thanks in advance of any advice!

Not 100 percent but I don't think they have pump out facilities.  If memory serves its just Elsan and showers, oh and the water pressure is a joke, so fill your tank somewhere else...

2 hours ago, Triumphtone said:

I believe that the self pump out is in a separate box on the edge of the canal on the other side of the facilities block from the swing bridge.

Anth

And sadly it was very filthy when I went through in Spring of 2015.

James

The pump out is equipment is on the side of the canal next to the waterpoint in a cabinet which requires a BW key. The card operated box is in the same building as the showers etc. Not got a pump out ourselves but I believe it gives about 15 minutes. Water pressure is not great so if you can, time it for when no one is at the water point.