New theme

RichM

Featured Posts

On 13/03/2017 at 10:32, Laurie.Booth said:

Can we have you're old Avitar back, please

:)

But I LIKE my new avatar! I hear "War Pigs" playing in my head every time I see it.

Now don't try to kid me you don't know who Black Sabbath were or what label they were on...

Generals gathered in their masses, 
Just like witches at black masses.
Evil minds that plot destruction, 
Sorcerer of death's construction.
In the fields the bodies burning, 
As the war machine keeps turning.
Death and hatred to mankind, 
Poisoning their brainwashed minds.
Oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away, 
They only started the war.
Why should they go out to fight, 
They leave that role to the poor.*

Yeah! 

Time will tell on their power mind, **
Making war just for fun.
Treating people just like pawns in chess, 
Wait till their judgement day comes.

Yeah! 

Now in darkness world stops turning, 
Ashes where the bodies burning.
No more war pigs have the power, 
Hand of God has struck the hour.
Day of judgement God is calling, 
On their knees the war pig's crawling.
Begging mercy for their sins, 
Satan laughing spreads his wings.

Oh lord yeah!
Songwriters: F. IOMMI, W. WARD, T. BUTLER, J. OSBOURNE

2 hours ago, Jerra said:

I agree I would find them more or less essential in the long run.   They help you to find the post you want to comment on and often just referring to the post number prevents a lot of copy and pasting.

Just click the 'share' link at the top of the post that you wish to refer to. For the reader it is a vast improvement over post numbers as it saves them having to go look for it. They're already presented with the post right in front of them. 

Like this:

6 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Just click the 'share' link at the top of the post that you wish to refer to. For the reader it is a vast improvement over post numbers as it saves them having to go look for it. They're already presented with the post right in front of them. 

Like this:

Thank you.  I have steered clear of share thinking it might lead to farcebook or similar.

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

But I LIKE my new avatar! I hear "War Pigs" playing in my head every time I see it.

Now don't try to kid me you don't know who Black Sabbath were or what label they were on...

Always reminds me of the "Paranoid" single I bought, before going on to buying the album  "Black Sabbath" (followed by most of their other albums, last one I bought was "13").

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I have not a clue who "Black Sabbath" are, I assume a pop group. Were they as good as the "Monkees" ?

4 hours ago, Murflynn said:

we used to have post reference nos. which were useful when referring back to a relevant post.  

these seem to have disappeared.  

We also used to have post dates and times.  Now we just have XX minutes/hours/days ago.

The only Tony Martin I know is the one who got sent to prison for shooting an intruder. I don't think he was in Black Sabbath.

The first Vertigo record I remember was a revival of an old Bo Diddley song by a group called Juicy Lucy. It may have been the first record issued by the label. I have one by Aphrodite's Child (who included future big star Vangelis Pappathanassiou and even bigger star Demis Roussos) too.

17 minutes ago, Athy said:

The only Tony Martin I know is the one who got sent to prison for shooting an intruder. I don't think he was in Black Sabbath.

Yeah, he gets that a lot...

Tony was lead singer for Sabbath after Ozzy left, from '87 to '97. 

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, WotEver said:

Yeah, he gets that a lot...

Tony was lead singer for Sabbath after Ozzy left, from '87 to '97. 

Ronnie Dio replaced Ozzy in 1979 for a couple of years,  then there were several other vocalists including Ian Gillan, Glenn Hughes, Ray Gillen and Tony Martin. 

Edited by cuthound
To unmangle the effects of autocorrect.

14 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Ronnie Dio replaced Ozzy in 1979 for a couple of years,  then there were several other vocalists including Ian Gillan, Glenn Hughes, Ray Gillen and Tony Martin. 

Yup, but other than an 18 month hiatus Tony was with them for 10 years. 

http://www.metalinsider.net/columns/in-defense-of-their-good-name-tony-martin-era-black-sabbath

16 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Yup, but other than an 18 month hiatus Tony was with them for 10 years. 

http://www.metalinsider.net/columns/in-defense-of-their-good-name-tony-martin-era-black-sabbath

True, I was just being pedantic.

Each time BS changed lead singer the whole style of musing changed.

7 minutes ago, cuthound said:

True, I was just being pedantic.

Each time BS changed lead singer the whole style of musing changed.

One of the greatest things about Headless Cross and Tyr was Cozy. 

8 hours ago, David Mack said:

We also used to have post dates and times.  Now we just have XX minutes/hours/days ago.

If you over over the 'xx hours ago' it gives you the date and time posted, once the post is more than a day or so old, it also reverts to giving you the date rather than how long ago it was.

Daniel

5 hours ago, john6767 said:

Not sure they would like to be called a pop group, but how can you not know who Sabbath are, they are Brummies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sabbath

I've just been looking up about them. If this Ozzy Osbourne still lives in Birmingham then I have had a meal with him in Birmingham market.

On 13/03/2017 at 23:00, Laurie.Booth said:

I used to model myself on Davy Jones from the Monkees

lauriecolour.jpg

I understand Ozzy before he got famous was known locally for walking around Wolverhampton in an ex-army greatcoat,  long dank hair, a chimney sweep brush over his shoulder and a Plimsoll shoe on a string dragged behind him instead of a small dog.

I much preferred his style to that of Davy Jones :)

12 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

... a Plimsoll shoe on a string dragged behind him instead of a small dog.

Someone asked him once why he was dragging it, he replied "You ever tried pushing it?"