Vetus 12volt toilet

jddevel

Featured Posts

My boat is fitted with one. The previous owner left me a folder with all the receipts for servicing and repairs in it. According to that it has not gone wrong in 10 years.

Edited by cuthound
To unmangle the effects of autocorrect.

Our boat is fitted with one. The only problem we have had with it was when the leisure batteries needed replacing.  The toilet was installed when the boat was built in 2008 and, as far as we can tell, that has been the only issue. We are very careful what goes down there though!

I fitted a wall hung Vetus HATO 6-8 years ago on a customers boat. It has to be the best looking loo Ive come across  (as far as loos go)

The plastic flush button discoloured quickly but that is the only negative thing I can say about it. Other than that it has never had a fault.

A 24 volt loo was originally supplied in error and a 12v macerator motor had to be fitted. I cannot remember now exactly how much the new one was- but think it was approx £350.

Our toilets are Vetus Macerator types. They are actually made by SaniMarine. Ours are 12V ones and draw 25 Amps so particularly sensitive to correct cable size. We have had a control panel burn out because they were installed with the wrong size cables. Spares are expensive even SaniMarine parts from Lee San, but Vetus pricing, I think they just make it up.

VacuFlush is ex-display which I thought at the time was a bargain. However have spent some considerable time trying to locate the loss of vacuum -duckbills renewed.   So out of frustration am considering changing to a macerating toilet unless by some miracle I solve the problem.

6 minutes ago, jddevel said:

VacuFlush is ex-display which I thought at the time was a bargain. However have spent some considerable time trying to locate the loss of vacuum -duckbills renewed.   So out of frustration am considering changing to a macerating toilet unless by some miracle I solve the problem.

Funny old world innnitt. I have a macerator bog on this boat which works without fault its a sani jobbey but there is no way jose I would ever fit one. If I were to fit any type of pumpout bog it would be without doubt a dump thro but cassette or porta bogs are by far the most sensible option. I have retained this bog cos I am soooooo fed up with upgrading to cassette bogs that I am leaving this one in.