Help needed transporting a 25ft cabin cruiser

James Stone

Featured Posts

Hi Guys

Firstly great forum I have been here often as a newbie picking up hints and advice I salute you all.

We have our first Buckingham 25ft  cabin cruiser in a marina in Macclesfield . Currently a project boat we are looking remove her out the water for a month and do a refit

External paint her and refit the interior

My question and./or advice needed here is either help locating a trailer suitable to hire( I have a 4x4 pick up) or if someone has a trailer and wants to earn some money bringing over to my workshop.

The workshop is also in Macclesfield clocked it at 11 miles from marina

I have a forklift at my workshop if needed

Great site well done !!

4802780.jpg

Edited by James Stone
  • Greenie 1

Thanks for the advice Odana !!. I might lean towards buying a trailer now. Seems better way to spend the money and gives me flexibility in the future to move around Manchester . Again great site guys always something to read

Edited by James Stone

Hi James, a good place to find a transporter is Shiply or the other the other place i forgot the name now but you can get good prices, and if your not in a rush even better. 

I will also would like to see what you do with it, i have a Buckingham also i am working on it, well for the last few years but it is the smaller 20.

I plan to use it as a trailer boat and have a perm spot on  Ullswater.

Just remembered Uship is the other site i have used and got good rices.

Edited by W+T

Cheers W+T ! 

Glad to hear your a fellow buckingham owner. 

I think trailer is the way forward. I will be hunting for a decent trailer over the next couple weeks.

Our main issue with ours has been leaking window seals. Be good to get her out water under cover and start from scratch.

Cheers again