View new content.

Murflynn

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, mross said:

Ok, that's because I selected "unread"  here is "Content I have Posted in with Everything instead of unread."

http://canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/discover/189/

Thanks. That's different, and still not great. I now get:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2C280/1

Contact Us

:D

28 minutes ago, mross said:

Ok, that's because I selected "unread"  here is "Content I have Posted in with Everything instead of unread."

http://canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/discover/189/

I'm managing perfectly well with my own Activity Stream, but when I clicked on your link I got this:

Error.thumb.PNG.e0e3ac168e4d149a071eeb10f6c1c0ef.PNG

No wonder some members are getting upset!

Edited by David Mack

14 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Thanks. That's different, and still not great. I now get:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2C280/1

Oh, sorry, that's my fault.  I deleted that custom stream on my computer and it obviously affected you!

http://canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/discover/190/ try this and I won't delete it until I hear back from you.

I have asked this question before, but received no response, so I will try again. Can anyone indicate how (or whether) a visitor can view "new content" as thread headings. All Jan (who is not a member) can get is a page headed "All Activity" which has list of individual posts starting with the most recent. If she clicks on "browse" she gets a list of Forums, but no thread headings.

4 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

The powers that be seem to have stopped responding to such questions; perhaps they realise the foolishness of the changes and can't afford to lose face by getting involved in a defence of the indefensible.

Maybe they are tired of the same questions over and over from people who can't even read a thread of five posts without asking a question that was answered just minutes previously.  I have no connection with the site or its staff by the way.  

13 minutes ago, mross said:

Maybe they are tired of the same questions over and over from people who can't even read a thread of five posts without asking a question that was answered just minutes previously.  I have no connection with the site or its staff by the way.  

I think the people you are so scathing about are unaware of this five post thread you mention, and have no easy way of knowing that it exists. Do you have a link to it please?

49 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

I have asked this question before, but received no response, so I will try again. Can anyone indicate how (or whether) a visitor can view "new content" as thread headings. All Jan (who is not a member) can get is a page headed "All Activity" which has list of individual posts starting with the most recent. If she clicks on "browse" she gets a list of Forums, but no thread headings.

David, so far I have managed to get this far....

Select unread content.

Press show filters.

Select Show Me When it goes to the drop down , select content only. 

Select Read Status...select everything

Then select Show Me....newest items first near the bottom.

If you refresh F5, and then save this as your new CWDF bookmark, it should come back with the same settings every time.

57 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

The View New Content would not have worked properly before anyway if you were not logged in, not sure what it did, but you would have thought it would be similar to the all activity anyway, as with no user there is no context.  What is it that is different to what it did?

1 hour ago, David Schweizer said:

These settings;

Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 15.37.47.png

2 hours ago, junior said:

Me too.

Me three

I have followed the instrructions but it does not seem to make any difference - perhaps I need to go back and check that I checked everything I was supposed to check and didn't leave anything unchecked that should be checked. 

Instead of getting a list of topics that have had replies to them since I last looked I get a list of posts so for example, this thread is active at the moment and so it showed me several replies to this thread - I would prefer to just see a list of threads that have had replies not each individual reply 

It really is not very intuitive

3 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Me three

I have followed the instrructions but it does not seem to make any difference - perhaps I need to go back and check that I checked everything I was supposed to check and didn't leave anything unchecked that should be checked. 

Instead of getting a list of topics that have had replies to them since I last looked I get a list of posts so for example, this thread is active at the moment and so it showed me several replies to this thread - I would prefer to just see a list of threads that have had replies not each individual reply 

Make it Content items only and Topics as show in the above image and you will not get the multi posts for each thread.

13 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Me three

After following the instructions to personalize it don't forget to click the make it my''Default button''. If you don't it will go back to how it was before you did it.

I still can't achieve consistency about whether the threads that get listed are listed in "Condensed" or "Expanded" format.  This information doesn't seem to be something that is held against a personal activity stream, and although I largely stay in "condensed" format, something (I know not what!) often caused it to slip back to "expanded".

Has that (relatively minor) issue got a published solution?

49 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

You can get what you want by choosing 'condensed'.  You'll see this option when you click on 'unread content' or when you open any stream.condensed.jpg.5185ed405655d0c649877f01d8950e2f.jpg