First, first unread and last posts

RLWP

Featured Posts

Richard,

I am not quite sure what you mean? Each topic has a title, desc, and the page numbers, as well as blue dot or star to the left of the title.

The page numbers display 1,2,3,4,last and can each be clicked on. With the dot/star taking you to the last read post. Does this help?

Daniel

first and last post.PNG

No, you used to be able to expand the topic heading in the list by clicking a down arrow to the right of the title to show the stuff Richard lists. It could be very useful in deciding whether to bother opening it, and had a Mark as Read option.

it was also handy if clicking the blob or star to the left of the title was taking you to the top of the relevant page rather than the first unread post.

I think Richard might be meaning when you had the list view of unread posts in the old interface you could expand the list to show the first post, last post and first unread post which was a quick way to decide f you wanted to open the thread up to read it.

Edited by Rob-M
Beaten to it by Bruce.

I think Richard is having the same problem as I am, there seems to be no easy way to go to the last unread posting on a thread. Or am I missing something obvious?

It was in fact me just having fat finger syndrome and not realizing the blue dot was, as usual, available to me. I blame IPad touch screens.

Edited by Stilllearning
Fat fingers allied to stupidity

I haven't set anything up on the new forum. I just log in, click the "Unread Content" at the top, then click the blue dot against a thread I am interested in and I'm taken to the first post that I haven't read. (Actually, I middle click to open it in a new tab then scroll down to the next interesting topic and repeat...)

Once I have seen all I want to, I click "Mark site read ".

Ah right, I am not sure in that case, and can look into it.

When using the 'activity streams' such as viewing unread content, you can view the results in both expanded and condensed view, and in expended view you get a short sample of the thread, if not quite how you describe. 

Thanks
Daniel