Profile Improvements

RichM

Featured Posts

A suggestion which I thought some may appreciate:

The new version of the forum software allows us to customise our forum profile and personalise it a little, e.g. adding cover photos, perhaps to display your favourite photo of the moment on your profile. Here's mine. Would be good to see some others. :)

33 minutes ago, Dyertribe said:

What happened to "reputation"?

Yes, it is illogical to be able to give "greenies", but not be able to see how many someone has.

They are an indication of how reliable a persons technical knowledge is (as well as how funny they are), so in my view should be included under the avatar,  along with number of posts.

12 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Yes, it is illogical to be able to give "greenies", but not be able to see how many someone has.

They are an indication of how reliable a persons technical knowledge is (as well as how funny they are), so in my view should be included under the avatar,  along with number of posts.

I liked having a reputation!

1 minute ago, Dyertribe said:

I liked having a reputation!

As I've said in a couple of other threads. All of everyones reputations from the old software  were present in the usual places at the very beginning of this new software and then Dan said he'd wiped them out to make space. They might all be wiped out for ever and unretrevable I don't know.

19 hours ago, RichM said:

A suggestion which I thought some may appreciate:

The new version of the forum software allows us to customise our forum profile and personalise it a little, e.g. adding cover photos, perhaps to display your favourite photo of the moment on your profile. Here's mine. Would be good to see some others. :)

Done it. Thanks.

Just now, bizzard said:

As I've said in a couple of other threads. All of everyones reputations from the old software  were present in the usual places at the very beginning of this new software and then Dan said he'd wiped them out to make space. They might all be wiped out for ever and unretrevable I don't know.

Then I am not best pleased. I understand the need to change the forum but there is no point in having greenies now. Might as well remove the green arrow/heart symbols and make even more space.

1 minute ago, Dyertribe said:

Then I am not best pleased. I understand the need to change the forum but there is no point in having greenies now. Might as well remove the green arrow/heart symbols and make even more space.

Precisely

10 minutes ago, Dyertribe said:

They were visable at the top of every post with the members name, number of posts etc and were removed to streamline the page and try to reduce the amount of wasted space.

No idea why they have gone from the profile page where they always used to be

8 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Correction. I think Dan said he'd switched them off, so they may still all be lurking somewhere.

He removed them from the top of every post, I imagine the unexpected result of this has been to remove them from the members profile page where they always used to be

21 hours ago, bizzard said:

Indeed, they are only hidden to save space, and the data is still very much still there.

21 hours ago, tree monkey said:

He removed them from the top of every post, I imagine the unexpected result of this has been to remove them from the members profile page where they always used to be

Indeed. I could not seemly remove them from one and not the other. However I'm sure even if the option is not there is can be resolved with a plugin mod or we can have it back as it was. 

Daniel