SITE MAINTENANCE / UPDATE - Planned outages during February

RichM

Featured Posts

Cross site scripting means that details you type into one website can be read by another website if you have it open at the same time. So only have one tab open when shopping or banking. Banking might be safer on your phone if it is fairly recent. Which antivirus do you use on your computer?

Cross site scripting means that details you type into one website can be read by another website if you have it open at the same time. So only have one tab open when shopping or banking. Banking might be safer on your phone if it is fairly recent. Which antivirus do you use on your computer?

Cross site scripting means that details you type into one website can be read by another website if you have it open at the same time. So only have one tab open when shopping or banking.

This is not what cross site scripting is. This thread is like watching the blind lead the blind.

Lulu

What's the proper name for this kind of vulnerability? When info you type into one website is captured? I'm not on about keyloggers. Isn't it possible for a malicious website to do this?

I've always believed it safer to do my banking with no other tabs or browsers open and to restart the browser after logging off from the bank. What do you advise?

Edited by mross

And are you going to explain, or merely sit there feeling smug but unhelpful?

it seems to be a speciality. rolleyes.gif

will this update eliminate the problems I and others have had recently where the site was unavailable, and could only be accessed again by deleting any bookmarks (Chrome) and searching afresh in Google?

will this update eliminate the problems I and others have had recently where the site was unavailable, and could only be accessed again by deleting any bookmarks (Chrome) and searching afresh in Google?

The recent problems affected everyone and were due to a failure on the website not on our computers at home. As they are moving to newer and bigger servers I expect we will not have these outages again, at least not in the short term.

Your bookmarks should have been fine. What you needed to do was delete your cache, or force the browser to reload the page. What you were seeing was an error message from when the site was down which had been saved on your computer.

Your bookmarks should have been fine. What you needed to do was delete your cache, or force the browser to reload the page. What you were seeing was an error message from when the site was down which had been saved on your computer.

Indeed, the pages of the site are set to not cache, so they appear updated each time, but sadly the error codes created when the database briefly saw issues when the disk became full will cache even after the issue is resolved.

Daniel

This is not what cross site scripting is. This thread is like watching the blind lead the blind.

And are you going to explain, or merely sit there feeling smug but unhelpful?

Shall we revert back to the topic of this sites maintenance?

Daniel

Shall we revert back to the topic of this sites maintenance?

Daniel

I thought that was what mross and I were doing, admittedly without much success on my part. It was Lola Fish who came in with a negative and unhelpful comment, I responded to that, after which there were no further contributions,and the thread had moved back on topic. Hardly a major deviation from the topic, and nothing that warranted a scolding some four and a half hours after it had died.

Edited by David Schweizer
  • Greenie 1