New Flue for a Squirrel Stove

Featured Posts

I picked up a 3.5 metre length from pipecenter, which is twice as thick as that sold in most chandlers, mainly because all local outlets only supply 1.5 metre lengths which was too short. If you use them, ignore the list price and ask for a trade price - it will be considerably cheaper.

• Greenie 1

Some flues are stainless steel which should last well, some others are enamelled steel which shouldn't be toooo bad, but plain steel needs to be reasonably thick.

I'd prefer stainless if the shiny look is ok, some stove paint might sort that out.

All in my humble opinion :-)

Edited by smileypete

I picked up a 3.5 metre length from pipecenter, which is twice as thick as that sold in most chandlers, mainly because all local outlets only supply 1.5 metre lengths which was too short. If you use them, ignore the list price and ask for a trade price - it will be considerably cheaper.

Go on don't be coy! I bet it was nosebleed money from Pipeline Centre even with trade discount. How much was it?

When I bought my Boatman Stove, Eddie supplied a length of 4" flue 3mm wall thickness and about 1.8m long for about £30.

The Squirrel has a 5" flue socket on the top but my dead squirrel had a 4" flue attached which worked fine.