DarkWater

Featured Posts

i am having a boat surveyed on Saturday and all being well may be a boat owner by Sunday. it has been completely gutted so I am going to be doing a lot of the fitting out myself. i just thought I would say hi. if this one falls through I will still be looking for a project boat so if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to message me.

Mags

Hi Mags.

Welcome to the forum. There is a mine of information here, and a lot of very knowlegable people who will be only too pleased to offer advice.

If you have any specific questions just ask.

Good luck with the survey tomorrow.

Ken

i am having a boat surveyed on Saturday and all being well may be a boat owner by Sunday. it has been completely gutted so I am going to be doing a lot of the fitting out myself. i just thought I would say hi. if this one falls through I will still be looking for a project boat so if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to message me.

Mags

No one can message you until you make a few more posts, I THINK it 5

Good luck. It could all come down to words that crop up time and again, thickness and pitting (Of the steel, not you)If that's ok then you can dare to think about the rest, if not ok then maybe carry on looking.

Hi Mags, and welcome.

I hope the gutting hasn't extended to ripping out the bog, as there is a whole world of opinionated controversy awaiting your questions!

Yes but we all know there's only one sensible answer...

Mags

Ok, this may not be popular but buying a finished boat in good working order will work out no more expensive.

If you are looking forward to enjoying fitting it out then great, but please don't kid yourself you are saving munny.