Seasonal Work

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

Hi Peeps

I have been asked by Oxfordshire narrowboats here at Lower Heyford ( Oxford Canal ) to advertise seasonal work. I will put the add down verbatum as given to me

" Experienced Boaty staff wanted for busy narrowboat hire company. We have various positions available for 2017 ( march to End October ) Key areas of responsibility include Customer show through, lock demonstrations, boat cleaning, boat mooring, useing boat hoist, pressure washing and blacking. Idealy candidates should have full driving licence and some basic maintenance and supervisory skills "

Please ring 01869 340348 for more details.

I can add that you need to be flexible as the hire fleet here is VERY busy often with extra bookings overnight taken so help needed sometimes at short notice. If you dont know the area well its bang next door to a railway station only 15 mins from Oxford.

Good village pub with real ale and mediocre food just as it should be.

This is NOT for my business so please tel above number for full details though I am not adverse at all to being pmed for more info if you are genuine.

cheers

This thread deserved a bump. Ideal for someone afloat. Might even squeeze your boat in somewhere.

Their boats are always "turned out nice," as Mr Formby used to say.

Can't imagine they pay top dollar though. But other benefits may be available. (Free meals in the establishment next door perhaps) smilie here!!

This thread deserved a bump. Ideal for someone afloat. Might even squeeze your boat in somewhere.

Their boats are always "turned out nice," as Mr Formby used to say.

Can't imagine they pay top dollar though. But other benefits may be available. (Free meals in the establishment next door perhaps) smilie here!!

ohmy.png Your a very bad man!! Freebies!! makes me shudder. Actualy I do look after the staff EXTREMELY well and they very often eat with us biggrin.png

• 4 months later...
On 2/8/2017 at 23:05, mrsmelly said:

Hi Peeps

I have been asked by Oxfordshire narrowboats here at Lower Heyford ( Oxford Canal ) to advertise seasonal work. I will put the add down verbatum as given to me

" Experienced Boaty staff wanted for busy narrowboat hire company. We have various positions available for 2017 ( march to End October ) Key areas of responsibility include Customer show through, lock demonstrations, boat cleaning, boat mooring, useing boat hoist, pressure washing and blacking. Idealy candidates should have full driving licence and some basic maintenance and supervisory skills "

Please ring 01869 340348 for more details.

I can add that you need to be flexible as the hire fleet here is VERY busy often with extra bookings overnight taken so help needed sometimes at short notice. If you dont know the area well its bang next door to a railway station only 15 mins from Oxford.

Good village pub with real ale and mediocre food just as it should be.

This is NOT for my business so please tel above number for full details though I am not adverse at all to being pmed for more info if you are genuine.

cheers

Hi peeps

Phil the boatyard manager as asked if I can re list this ad. The yard is now flat out for the rest of the season and more vacancies are available please contact them direct on above listed number as its not my business but  is at the same premises as I operate from. He asked me today june 3oth.

cheers

7 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Hi peeps

Phil the boatyard manager as asked if I can re list this ad. The yard is now flat out for the rest of the season and more vacancies are available please contact them direct on above listed number as its not my business but  is at the same premises as I operate from. He asked me today june 3oth.

cheers

Hi Tim,

Brings back happy memories from 2010. We really enjoyed it.

Tony and Jenny.

3 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

And again.

You seem desperate to keep this topic at the top of the list, you must really need someone to fill this job. its a shame, I could really do with earning some extra cash but probably won't need to until next year. Does this kind of seasonal work come up every year? If so as a live aboard I would need to know what is the mooring situation like in that area?

45 minutes ago, Bewildered said:

You seem desperate to keep this topic at the top of the list, you must really need someone to fill this job. its a shame, I could really do with earning some extra cash but probably won't need to until next year. Does this kind of seasonal work come up every year? If so as a live aboard I would need to know what is the mooring situation like in that area?

I will pm you.

1 hour ago, Bewildered said:

Do the work now and ask for the payment next year.