New marina

Sanddancer

Featured Posts

.........so what is the problem ?

Because C&RT have an agreement with';the industry' that for every 10 marina berths they allow, they will reduce the online moorings by one (1).

If they were to grant you some new online moorings , they would view it as either - they had to reduce the number of marina moorings they planned, by a factor of 10, or possibly, close the same number of other C&RT online moorings elsewhere.

It was I asked if I could create new online moorings near 119 and they told me that a new marina was going to be created in that area. Mind you they said the same when the bridge number was 199 which I corrected so what is the problem ?

Not a new marina but a new housing estate is going to be built next to 199. We will see 440 new homes built here on green and lush land and to make access and egress manageable 199 will be replaced with a two lane double width swing bridge.

Yes there is going to be a marina, part of a new leisure complex on the old Brierfield Mill site.

Ive heard work/excavation has started.

http://davidmorleyarchitects.co.uk/projects/brierfield-mill-master-plan

Bridge 199 is micklethwaite or some where miles from briar field anyway.

I might have mis read your post are you saying the new marina at briar field is the reason the op can't have his online mooring ? ( nothing to do with bridge 199)

Edited by jonathanA

Yes nice spot

So who is planning on putting moorings here?, unless its a marina or herringbone style moorings, requiring a lot of digging, planning permission, everything, i dont think crt will allow it as they dont want any new on line moorings. Plus there are already a few approved moorings around that area...

No, the opening question was is there a new marina coming the the L&L, yes is my understanding and its at Brierfield nr Burnley.

Yes that was the opening question but it was only asked because crt denied sanddancers request for moorings at bridge 119.

I asked if I could create new online moorings near 119 and they told me that a new marina was going to be created in that area.

So i was saying that crt will probably not allow new online moorings unless its a marina...