Eligrah

Featured Posts

Hi all iv got a Gardner 6lw, shes a sea goung boat so pumps water arround the engine and back out shes been standing seven years had her running two days revs up and down in and out of gear both sets of cylinder heads have been getting hot but one hotter than the other took her out for a little spin half hour and shes over heated got back to mooring as its electric pumped through engine and out the boat I left the pump on the heads nearest the gearbox where loop warm the others you couldn't touch coukd this be caused by blocked wayer ways due to standing or a blown head gasket many thanks.

Hi all iv got a Gardner 6lw, shes a sea goung boat so pumps water arround the engine and back out shes been standing seven years had her running two days revs up and down in and out of gear both sets of cylinder heads have been getting hot but one hotter than the other took her out for a little spin half hour and shes over heated got back to mooring as its electric pumped through engine and out the boat I left the pump on the heads nearest the gearbox where loop warm the others you couldn't touch coukd this be caused by blocked wayer ways due to standing or a blown head gasket many thanks.

What was the normal running temperature before all this happened. Cooled directly with salt sea water the engines temperature should not exceed about 65c, any higher and the salt can separate and block the ways. Much cooler than 65c and condensation and corrosion can occur apart from loss in efficiency.

Its been running much higher than that and its had the problem before it was laid up I think you have answerd my question there with the salt seperating and blocking up I shall have the head off tommrow and clean out the water ways thanks