What colour were Yarwood's makers plates

fittie

Featured Posts

Thanks all. I have painted mine black but after talking with someone the subject of colour came up as they had seen some painted red/red oxide so I thought that I would ask.

I too thought that they were bronze but I think that they are brass - my large makers plate looked like bronze until it had a good clean to use as a pattern when it turned out to be brass.

Thanks all. I have painted mine black but after talking with someone the subject of colour came up as they had seen some painted red/red oxide so I thought that I would ask.

I too thought that they were bronze but I think that they are brass - my large makers plate looked like bronze until it had a good clean to use as a pattern when it turned out to be brass.

There are lots of brass and bronze types, bronze propellers look a lot like brass. You can tell by melting it, if it suddenly makes clouds of luminous white poisonous smoke when it gets really hot then it was brass, its the zinc burning off. (sorry that might not have been helpful)

Small one on the pigeon box and some boats may have had a larger maker's plate on the engine room bulkhead.

Ah, sadly Python does not have either of those original features so getting one would just be adding a bit of bling that she never had during the period of her working life we are trying to adhere to as closely as possible.

Thanks