White goods - Dishwasher/Washing Machine plumbing and dimensions etc

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, peterboat said:

I have a dishwasher and yes it's a 3 kw inverter to run it even on hot water fill it still heats water more.  Wouldn't be with out it though makes life easy

The power rating is not bad :Power Consumption 1170-1380W

Energy per cycle : 6 wash programs – Intensive (2h20min - 0.9 kWh), Normal(2h - 0.7kWh), Eco (3h - 0.61 kWh), Glass (1h 15min - 0.5kWh), 90Min (1h 30min - 0.65 kWh), Rapid (30min - 0.23kWh)

15 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

The power rating is not bad :Power Consumption 1170-1380W

Energy per cycle : 6 wash programs – Intensive (2h20min - 0.9 kWh), Normal(2h - 0.7kWh), Eco (3h - 0.61 kWh), Glass (1h 15min - 0.5kWh), 90Min (1h 30min - 0.65 kWh), Rapid (30min - 0.23kWh)

Bear in mind that 0.5kWh equates to around 50Ah at 12V. 

• 2 weeks later...

I now have my dishwasher fitted - it's a Kenwood KID60s15. Today I tried it for the first time. The handbook usefully tells me the different programs and how long they take as well as how much power they draw. I tried setting 5 which was a 55 degree 55 minute wash for fairly dirty stuff, rated at 1.1kwh and 11 litres of water. All good though had to run the engine and voltage got a bit low at one point. I might try program 6 next time which is an eco wash taking 140 minutes but using slightly less power (0.9kwh) and only 9 litres of water. Thinking that if it takes slightly less power - and in particular over a longer time - it might be better suited to what the engine can provide.

Such a pity not to be using the abundance of engine produced hot water so definitely something to look into.

Still though - sparkly dishes ;)

I should have added - the water pipe I used plastic in one piece straight under the floor - can just get enough bend on it to make it do able without any under floor joins - then just a non return valve then a handy valve that is also a T for two washing machine type hoses. Waste out through the skin fitting quite high up.

Edited by Johny London
more info