Air Fryer Recipes

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

It cooks stuff much quicker then our Bosch oven.

Jacket spuds take about an hour in the oven, they take about 35 minutes in the air fryer and have a much crispier skin.

Sounds similar to a halogen's cooking time.

Never really saw the need for a halogen oven when we had two ovens already installed in the kitchen.

The Air Fryer gives the crispy texture of fried food with less fat used. The jerk chicken we made was just like fried chicken which we have never managed to replicate in the oven.

Chips are also far more like fried chips then when cooked in the oven.

Interesting - any idea why?

Could it be how the food is held in the fryer?

It is suspended on a grill above the bottom of the cooker so any fat drains away.

The halogen cookers seem to sit the food in the base of the cooking pot so the bottom of the food will be sat in the fat.

Yes and yes. It's yet another gadget designed to part the gullible from their money.

I've yet to see an 'air fryer' recipe that I couldn't cook as fast and much more cheaply in a halogen oven.

Ours was on offer just after Christmas at £69 so not what you would call expensive.

Could it be how the food is held in the fryer?

It is suspended on a grill above the bottom of the cooker so any fat drains away.

The halogen cookers seem to sit the food in the base of the cooking pot so the bottom of the food will be sat in the fat.

Nope, not that. The food sits on a grill. In fact it must sit on the grill to allow the air movement around the food.

We've experimented with it in the year we've owned one and it cooks a whole chicken to perfection with crispy skin and juicy meat and does roasties and oven chips way better than our fan ovens, which I've always assumed was due to the hot air getting all around the food.

Baking is better done in a conventional oven and casserole type dishes in a slow cooker.

Ours was on offer just after Christmas at £69 so not what you would call expensive.

Well that's way better than the £230 in the link you supplied!

Edited for grammar.

Edited by WotEver

We paid £69 for the Phillips one when it was on offer. Their website is a little optimistic on price I think!

Loads of choice here:

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=philips+airfryer&tbm=shop

Edited by Naughty Cal

Better air circulation I think, the halogen I used just rotated under the bulb, the air fryer had a hefty fan that circulated the air down over the food.

Just seen this post. Your description of the air fryer describes our halogen oven. Food sits in a rack with a strong fan in the lid circulating the air around the bowl.

'in' is a typo for 'on' ;)

This all presupposes that fat is the greatest evil, and I think the consensus of nutritional opinion is shifting back away from that position...

e.g.

We went back to butter and away from that revolting hydrogenated mashed up vegetable spread a couple of years ago. I have no idea if it's more healthy or not, but it sure tastes better.