macclesfield canal

haza

Featured Posts

hi folks .could any one help me out with this please .some time in may i need to be at a place called ..clonter opera house swetenham heath congleton post code cw12 2lr .and i want to get as far as i can to that place on my boat .i have searched the net .and canal planner .but i dont seem to be getting very far ...would of you nice people know where i could moor up as close to this place please.kind regards

We went by boat up the Macc to a friend's wedding. We got great advice from this forum about mooring spots and it all worked out. We were very pleased with the taxi firm we used: PM me if you would like their number.

just done route planner.and astbury came up and thats 4miles from were i want to be ...and congleton wharf is 5 miles ..so looking good thanks again regards

Astbury itself is about a mile from the canal although Astbury golf course runs from bridge 79 to Congleton wharf which is just after bridge 77.

Better moorings at Congleton wharf and taxi from Canal Road adjacent to the wharf should do the job.

Mooring on the Macc can be tricky as it's very shallow at the edges. Astbury itself may be closer but you're a long way from the main road down a partly single track country lane. There are also moorings just north of the wharf by the station where there are shops etc.