sealand flange seal

calon

Featured Posts

After a wobbly toilet problem I've refixed the flange and replaced the broken bolts but the kit came with a new flange seal which leaked and on comparing it to the old one its a slightly different size so won't seal with the toilet base, searching old threads on here someone mentioned that they changed the design slightly does anyone know if that's right and if so we're I can buy an old style one from cus the original seal is a bit tired and although it did seem to seal for a ffew weeks Its started to leak a bit round the base again.

Thanks

Sorry forgot that bit it's a Sealand traveler I think the model is 111 looking at pictures on the net it's a dump through that sits on top of the tank and has a short collor if that makes sense the boats built in 2005 and I bellive it's the original toilet if that helps.

I changed mine a while back, I think that they gave instructions showing which was the top face of the seal. When you say leaked do you mean externally or liquid past the central ball into the tank?

If the later you may need to remove and descale the ball ( vinegar is good for this) and polish the plastic with a very fine abrasive - say metal polish - not anything that will scratch it. If it is already scratched you will need to replace this item.

If you mean an external leak a thin film of silicon on the faces of the seal when assembling may help.

Thanks for the replies guys, It's not leaking from the ball seal it's from were the base bolts with the 4 bolts to the flange on the top of the tank, the new seal that came with the bolts fits the bolt spacing but it's inside circumference is to large if you look at the underneath of the base there's a lip that should marry up with the groove on top of the seal but doesn't.

The full model number is behind the short collar. you need to remove the 'pedal' first to get the collar off. You need the full model number to be sure of getting the correct parts as they make so many models. Spares will be cheaper from a Caravan/Motorhome shop.

Mine is a 911. Here is one manual for some other models http://www.dometicrvcentre.com.au/documentmanager/item/157

Dometic and SeaLand are the same.

Maybe the seal I had was just a dodgy one i found the manual and it does say the part number on the packet I brought is a replacement for the one listed in the manual. Il phone leesan and ask them Monday to be sure before I buy another strange though cus the new seal whilst it looks the same and fits the bolt holes the hole in the middle if that makes sense is definitely bigger than the original one and therefore won't meet up with the ridge on the bottom of the toilet base,

Thanks folks

LSX the plumbers magic sealer. I noticed that even my new Surejust calorifier had all its compression fittings sealed with it. I know "traditional" plumbers will throw their arms up in dismay but why get frustrated over

the leaky radiator tap and such like when a small smear of this stuff will alleviate most problems before they occur. Google it and see.