Ribble Link/ Liverpool - April 2017

Pie Eater

Featured Posts

Thanks Peter, I will do.

As Easter is mid April next year,I did wonder if crossings may be available earlier. I think the lass who deals with this is not in the office on Mondays and Fridays.

Anyone else crossing in the new year? I would not like to be the only brave sole. Safety in numbers.

Need two life preservers. If anybody has some I may well be interested.

Martyn

Call the Wigan office NW. A group of us went across from Rufford a few days before the published dates at the beginning of April in 2015. Of course it was blowing a gale on the due date and the waves were too high so we had to wait in Tarleton until the following day.

Peter

I am sure that CaRT have recently started taking bookings online.

Steve

This year CRT have introduced an online booking system for the Ribble and Liverpool Links. You need to set up an account on the CRT website to obtain access to it; here is the link: https://licensing.canalrivertrust.org.uk/.The system is straight forward and works very well. The first scheduled crossing from Tarleton to the Lancaster is 8th April.

• 4 weeks later...

Be aware the Bridgewater stoppage looks like its likely to be yet further delayed! ie Feb to June maybe!

--

Cheers Ian Mac

Any idea when this will be confirmed as I'm currently trying to get across the L&L in time to get through the Bridgewater to Preston Brook before they close it. I'm probably one of the few that would welcome a delay.

Any idea when this will be confirmed as I'm currently trying to get across the L&L in time to get through the Bridgewater to Preston Brook before they close it. I'm probably one of the few that would welcome a delay.

Martin

If I receive any updates from the Bridgewater Canal Company I will post them on the forum.

According to canalplan Skipton to Worsley is 35 hours so you should have ample time.

Steve

Martin

If I receive any updates from the Bridgewater Canal Company I will post them on the forum.

According to canalplan Skipton to Worsley is 35 hours so you should have ample time.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I'm well on the way and currently between Burnley and Blackburn so I have ample time as you say. Fortunately I'm a live aboard cc'er so delays don't really bother me too much but it must be a pain for folk trying to plan holiday cruises when the dates keep changing.

• 2 months later...