Custom made outside seating - any recommendations?

Neil2

Featured Posts

I'm replacing two worn out bow locker lids which double as outside seating and we'd like some waterproof seat cushions made for them. They are a curved shape about 4' by 15" and only need to be about 2-3" thick.

I see there are several companies who offer such a service - does anyone have any recommendations?

I'd like to keep tabs on this thread and any recommendations as I am also about to make replacement locker lids and already Mrs J has said she wants similar waterproof cushions. So any experiences welcome...

I'd like to keep tabs on this thread and any recommendations as I am also about to make replacement locker lids and already Mrs J has said she wants similar waterproof cushions. So any experiences welcome...

Ditto for my Mrs S.

Also keeping tabs, my boat came with some but they were not waterproof. Also, do others keep them inside when not in use? Not sure if it was the lack of waterproof-e-ness but I had to do a bit of repainting as I ended up with micro blisters on paint underneath them after leaving ours out all summer.

Also keeping tabs, my boat came with some but they were not waterproof. Also, do others keep them inside when not in use? Not sure if it was the lack of waterproof-e-ness but I had to do a bit of repainting as I ended up with micro blisters on paint underneath them after leaving ours out all summer.

I have one small seat cushion that came with the boat and it is super, totally waterproof I'd love to know where it came from..

The locker lids I'm replacing with phenolic faced ply which I presume will withstand being covered up for long periods but I would remove the cushions in winter.

In view of the limited response I might try this enquiry over on the boat building section I just thought it would reach a wider audience on here.

Hi,

try NRM Leisure

PM me for his number/email.

I'm not sure if I am allowed to put some ones phone number/email on my post, maybe a mod can advise.

did ours, not sure if they are waterproof or not really, wiped down easily enough after caught in a shower though.

post-16670-0-32021400-1479392091_thumb.jpg

Bazza

eta seeking mods advise

Edited by Bazza954