Newbie winterisation queery

wobbly ollie

Featured Posts

Just now, LadyG said:

read further:

Water-propylene glycol mixtures dyed pink to indicate the mixture is relatively nontoxic are sold under the name of RV or marine antifreeze. P

I bought mine on ebay as propylene glycol and I think (I can't check at present) that it is colourless. Nantwich Boat Centre also sell a propylene glycol antifreeze now. Pink would be annoying as my colour scheme is predominantly green.

Polypropylene Glycol...

It is a viscous colorless liquid

And...

In the European Union, it has the E-number E1520 for food applications.

And...

Propylene glycol is also used in various edible items such as coffee-based drinks, liquid sweeteners, ice cream, whipped dairy products and soda. Vaporizers used for delivery of pharmaceuticals or personal-care products often include propylene glycol among the ingredients. Propylene glycol is used as a solvent in many pharmaceuticals, including oralinjectable and topical formulations, such as for diazepam and lorazepam which are insoluble in water. Certain formulations of artificial tears, such as Systane, use proplyene glycol as an ingredient.

So it’s not too bad for you :)

13 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Now we can see it... ;)

That’s referring to ethylene glycol, not propylene glycol. I’m no chemist but I’ll guess they’re quite different. 

That was my very point, just because its not blue you cant necessarily drink it.