Announcement - Staff Vacancies

DHutch

Featured Posts

In the interests of complete accuracy only an (already) ex-mod was involved in the private conversation I think. Nobody who was currently then a mod was.

Thanks Alan - always good to be put right

I think you misunderstand what I mean by "self moderation".

For many years CWDF ran really well by being lightly moderated by a few mods even though it was far busier than now.

There were the odd idiots that came and went but it absorbed them (or spat them out) and they didn't last.

For a brief period the forum deteriorated largely because of some extreme opinions about a confluence of world and national events.

If you looked around the media at that time they were all at it but with one difference...Forums have a right of reply and provide a platform for folk to express their opinion, however extreme.

For one reason or another this period of madness was badly dealt with and the result was an overreaction and a swing from one extreme to the other.

Now things have settled down I think the forum can bear a return to its state before it all kicked off.

I fully support this and hope my support is taken seriously.

I own the site willingly, and because I want to continue as it has done for many years, but it also a commitment and work load. I have never done it for my own vanity or self important and my cv does not need more on it, I run it for the members because I enjoy being a member my self and wanted and was able to put back into the site, first as a moderator and then as an admin and later own when the founder Jon was no longer able to find the time he wished to dedicate to the site having started a new family.

If you feel you'd like to do something for good of the canals in general, please don't censor the CRT legal threads, whether due to personal opinion or indirect pressure or influence from CRT themselves.

It is well known that CRT would love their misdeeds to remain hidden, and by interefering unduly in such topics you're playing directly into their hands.

Sorry but allowing such a topic to remain locked and arbitrarily starting another one looks like undue interference to me.

Edited by smileypete

I think I have now replied to all the applications which have come forwards.

Should anyone else wish to be considered for the on going recruitment of additional moderators, now is the time!

Thanks

Daniel

Site Owner