The Forum - An update.

DHutch

Featured Posts

Following the recent activities on the site, the following announcement is required.

We are aware that some members have concerns about some of the moderator actions, specifically that at times threads have been closed without reasonable explanation of the reason for the closure, as well as the tone and language used to communicate with members about moderator actions.

This is for a number of reasons, including pressure on moderators following staff shortages while moderators away from the forum, as well as pressure caused by personal attack on the moderators by members of the forum.

Members of the moderating team have received phone calls to their home telephone, those phone calls were extremely abusive and included threats of violence. This is now in the hands of the police.

Personal attacks on moderators will never be acceptable. I would like to remind members that while Canal World is an online entity, moderators like members are real people with real lives, and we operate in the real world and within the laws of the land. Members who personally attack the site staff will be reported to the police and their details will be passed on in full co-operation.

Furthermore, publicly questioning specific moderator actions on the forum or elsewhere, will not be be tolerated and if necessary will lead to action being taken against these member. If members have an issue about a specific moderator action, they can report this via the 'report' button for consideration by the staff team, or can escalate this directly to myself by or the moderator in question PM message. The site rules have been updated to include this policy. Any private communications to the site owner or moderators that are abusive in tone or language will result in instant exclusion from the site.

I am happy for members to discuss the overall moderation of the site, and within reason the site polices as laid out in the rules and guidelines, however wild-fire threads about 'unfair moderation' will not be tolerated.

Tonight a number of threads have been removed, by myself and other members of site crew, for deliberately stirring trouble and attacking moderators or their decisions, these threads will not be re-opened.

We will work to improve the way in which we explain moderator actions, where posts or threads which fall foul of site rules and have to be removed or locked. I will ensure that the moderators work to support this.

This must also be with the support and co-operation of the membership and should lead to significant reduction the occurance of thread being locked or removed.

Daniel

Site Owner