1976 51ft cruiser stern value?

Mendip-Locks

Featured Posts

No. 1 coincidence that was, now I had the number to search for its maker it turns out Alan was right on the maker.

"Karen Jane Built by Teddesley Boat Co. - Length : 15.24 metres ( 50 feet ) - Beam : 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 metres ( 2 feet ). Metal hull N/A power of 25 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 502112 as a Powered Motor Boat. ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 )

Well I'm not surprised that Teddesley Boat Centre fabricated the top.

If the hull is by them, I'm disappointed, because usually they were well shaped, with a round counter stern and generally well proportioned. Sorry to be blunt, but that is not a good description of this hull, which to my eye is fairly awful.

I still wonder if it's a TBC top on somebody else's hull, (but I'm probably wrong!).

What is a co-operative mooring? One where dream catchers are compulsory perhaps:)

One where moorers shuffle up and down to make best use of the space available, I'd say.

Normal moorings where everyone moors 25ft apart are uncooperative, innit!

Perhaps a typo for a 3cy Lister i.e. a 3 cylinder Lister. Probably an SR3 on a boat that age.

If it is genuinely a 1976 boat, and it is the original engine, an ST3 may be more likely, as they had been in production a few years by then, and you are probably at the very end of when an SR3 might have been available new, I suspect.

If it is genuinely a 1976 boat, and it is the original engine, an ST3 may be more likely, as they had been in production a few years by then, and you are probably at the very end of when an SR3 might have been available new, I suspect.

You may be right. From http://www.sleeman-hawken.co.uk/suppliers/lister-petter/engine-production-dates.html

SR3 1967 – 1976

ST3 1972 – 1983

The important bit is the HULL for which we can offer no provenance nor even age. and it's the hull that keeps the saloon dry! Go in with a silly low bid but be prepared for underwater surprises. Also be aware that newer boats will cost more BUT be better insulated so cost less to heat in winter.

Looking at the photos I would say that is a shed of the highest order and would not consider purchase even at £5k. Not pretty, not quality, looks like a horrible mashup of bits over the years. There has to be something better to buy out there, keep looking.

In the description it says they are looking for £22k. So there's your reduction!

Perhaps a typo for a 3cy Lister i.e. a 3 cylinder Lister. Probably an SR3 on a boat that age.

A little unlikely give the letter 'x' is nowhere near the 'y' on a keyboard.

£6 or 7k tops.

I doubt they would sell just the tops. I think you have to buy the whole thing.

A little unlikely give the letter 'x' is nowhere near the 'y' on a keyboard.

I doubt they would sell just the tops. I think you have to buy the whole thing.

Perhaps cx was a typo for c then (meaning cylinder). c and x are next to each other on the keyboard.

My apologies. I've patiently explained this about 100 times already on this forum though, and seeing it stated incorrectly yet again that insurance cannot be had without a survey made me lose patience.

I agree a survey and comp insurance is a Good Idea if you cannot afford to lose the boat, but that is a different thing from saying as you did, that insurance cannot be obtained without a survey.

(Edit to remove the tautology.)

Mike - Your patience in taking the trouble to explain the background on my account is much appreciated.

I will moderate my views in terms of making comments on mandatory insurance matters accordingly

I certainly like to get my facts right but forgive me if I do not read through all your 22,923 posts here - which to my mind is an incredible amount of dedicated hard work. and certainly not indicative of someone losing patience - wow!

I wonder where this boat spent its first 20 or so years - the index number suggests a late 1990s registration.

Looks rough but interesting (gosh, that brings to mind a few girls I knew many years ago) but certainly overpriced by some margin.

I wonder where this boat spent its first 20 or so years - the index number suggests a late 1990s registration.

Looks rough but interesting (gosh, that brings to mind a few girls I knew many years ago) but certainly overpriced by some margin.

Sounds like most of the girls I use to know........blush.pngtongue.png