Villager Puffin Stove

Roxy

Featured Posts

I have a villager puffin stove with back boiler, however I believe the back boiler has a crack in it, last Christmas when I was emptying the ashes they were wet and I could see water leaking at the back inside the fire, my question is can I replace just the back boiler or do I need to buy a new stove?

I think the back boiler is welded steel. If you can get it out (they are seperate to the stove itself and fixed with large nuts on the inlet and outlet pipes) and take it to a welder they can probably find the 'ole and weld it up :)

Unless it is rusted right through in which case a replacement would be needed from Villager.

Just noted the one in Richard's link is stainless but the one I had on a Heron (same basic stove) was mild steel as was a boiler I had on a Villager Chelsea.

I think £265 is a LOT for that.

As the old boiler would have to be removed anyway I'd see if someone could copy it - surely its less than £250 ??

It comes out through the fire door as it is a replacement for the back firebricks. Only problem is the big nuts on the back might be seized up and need cutting.

I think it is! But what does 'no ash pit door' mean?Thankyou RLWP

I think it means you only have one door on the front of the stove, and that the ashpan doesn't come out through a separate removable door underneath.

Most Puffins I have seen have 2 "doors", and I don't think this is the right back boiler for them, by the sound of it.

This may be the correct one for an older model - I'm not sure though.

They seem to be silly money, so it might be worth investigating if it can be repaied!

I have a Puffin back boiler available if desired. Happily accept half of what I paid for it. Brand new & unused but 5 years old. (Never been fitted.)

I found that my boat was warm enuff without needing to add rads.

This is for the slightly older model of Puffin. It does have an ashpan door.

Edited by system 4-50