Sky TV... Freeview... is there a solution for me please?

Zayna

Featured Posts

I finally put tv on our boat for the winter and I went with freesat. Seems better when the boat moves I don't loose signal like with freeview. Also the humax box I went with you can plug a usb hard drive in which lets you record. Tons of channels but all a load of crap.. I know why I went without now.

Tons of channels but all a load of crap.. I know why I went without now.

It's known as "the raspberry jam effect"

If there was only one channel it would broadcast only good stuff, because they would pick the best.

The more channels there are the more airtime to fill and the lower standards of programme that will be accepted to fill the air time. Also the number of great programmes is limited by the number of creative people in the industry.

I finally put tv on our boat for the winter and I went with freesat. Seems better when the boat moves I don't loose signal like with freeview. Also the humax box I went with you can plug a usb hard drive in which lets you record. Tons of channels but all a load of crap.. I know why I went without now.

It appears to have all the usual free channels. Do you need a dish to use the tv?

Ditch the box, go for walks , enjoy the view explore whats around you and watch a dvd if the weather is shite. Cannot honestly say i have missed mainstream tv, sky, freeview at all.

Well yes, I do all that. But I also like TV now and then. My husband has the same opinion as you, Tiller, but I actually LIKE the gogglebox now and then, and though it's not for everyone, it is what I like.

When we've only a week or a weekend on the boat, I couldn't care less about TV, but living aboard is a whole different thing.