ISUZU Head Gasket work

Martin@75

Featured Posts

We had a new head gasket fitted to our ISUZU engine a few months back in Bath and now need the head re tightened.

We are now at Leighton Buzzard on the GU going north.

Can anybody recommend somewhere in the Fenny Stratford area (where we need to leave our boat) that could do the work for us please.

Edited by Martin@75

Im around that area and would happly do it but dont know the engines very well. Just an option if you cant find anyone to do it as im currently at grove lock

Thanks, but I do not have the settings so need somebody who knows the engine.

Highly recommend Ed Boden. He's based at Marsworth but don't have contact details.

Forgot to say he's mobile and obviously covers the GU

Frank

Thanks Frank

We had a new head gasket fitted to our ISUZU engine a few months back in Bath and now need the head re tightened.

We are now at Leighton Buzzard on the GU going north.

Can anybody recommend somewhere in the Fenny Stratford area (where we need to leave our boat) that could do the work for us please.

Can't you do it yourself??

Sounds like these wernt replaced when head was off last time ive only ever known 1 engine with strech bolts need tightening. With these sort of bolts the torque settings are normally a little higher than non as your doing them up they give a little more. How do you know they need tightening?

Not a problem to the offer just thought i would let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like these wernt replaced when head was off last time ive only ever known 1 engine with strech bolts need tightening. With these sort of bolts the torque settings are normally a little higher than non as your doing them up they give a little more. How do you know they need tightening?

Not a problem to the offer just thought i would let you know.

I don't really, I was assuming, but needed confirmation, somebody to ask!