I would like a (narrow-boat related).........

GinJer

Featured Posts

My head hurts just thinking about Rosé and Gin huh.png

Has anyone seen Rosie and Rosie (or Jim and Jim) displayed on a narrow boat ?

Rosie and Jim have been happily cruising on my boats since about 1995 - they were good programmes and kept my wife's grandchildren amused for years.......

The guy who produced them made several other children's progs and made a fortune....

Rosie and Jim have been happily cruising on my boats since about 1995 - they were good programmes and kept my wife's grandchildren amused for years.......

The guy who produced them made several other children's progs and made a fortune....

Yes I do know who Rosie and Jim are :)

Didn't they do the dreaded tellytubbies?

And Brum the car. I lettered Ragdoll in the 90s, never realised the enormous spin off in merchandising that took place, they had a shop in Stratford selling all sorts of stuff. I'm also responsible for tying the nooses that went around the dolls' necks that hung in Phil Speights office / shed!!

The producer was a woman, by the way, name escapes me now, somebody Wood I think.

Dave

Has the bear got dodgy eyesight and is it called Gladly?

Phil

No, he was a piece of merchandising for the Diamond Jubilee Pageant. The website appears to still be working!

http://themerchandisingshop.co.uk/shop/shop/product_detail.php?shopid=491&itemid=8558

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

Here we go if your feeling sad enough

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rosie-and-Jim-30-inch-rag-dolls-DUCK-/172311146990?hash=item281e8b71ee%3Ag%3AQBwAAOSwIgNXtgH5&_trkparms=pageci%3D06f227e2-392e-4915-8a6c-1e206fc5d385%2Cparentrq%3Df03516cb1560a7ecafc68125fffde68b%2Ciid%3D1%2Cobjectid%3D113019

Friends was going to buy us sposie and quim until I showed them the brick and length off string and and told them they will be living with the fishies.

No need to be coy.

What goes under mine is a chap who's eyes are shielded from the glare of the sun & sky, and who's head is protected from sunburn. It doesn't alter my attitude or helmsmanship.

Of course I would never wear it in the rain. I have a pink cowboy hat for that.

I once bought an old Odhams book in a cherrity shop which was called something like "a guide to being a gentleman" or similar. Anyway it said that hair loss was much less common in the "hatless brigade" not sure if this is true or not. I tend to wear and anoraky baseball cap or if its nice a Raffia sun hat. I have a lot of hair (just need to wash it now and then)

Sorry to be off topic.

Edited by magnetman

I once bought an old Odhams book in a cherrity shop which was called something like "a guide to being a gentleman" or similar. Anyway it said that hair loss was much less common in the "hatless brigade" not sure if this is true or not.

Ah, that explains why I am bald - I took a "kiss me quick" bowler on my first canal holiday!

There is nothing wrong with them at all - just what goes underneath that is the problem . . .

I have a Captains hat; it has an anchor on the front, my one also has a letter W sewn on in front of the anchor :)

W⚓️

I like to let people know the kind of idiot they are dealing with ;)

Edited by Bewildered

I recall seeing a passing boat with Rosie and Jim dolls prominently displayed in the window and thinking “Oh, dear”. Then the name of the boat hove into sight – Rosé and Gin…

All was forgiven! clapping.gif

Saw that this trip somewhere

What's wrong with Captain's hats then? Keep the glare out of your eyes, and the sun off your spam. Very useful boating hat. (Adjustable hat-band too)

I agree 100% its the perfect headwear in bright sun