My widebeam house boat refurbishment project

Featured Posts

17 hours ago, Davestampy1 said:

Had the week off work this week. Plying the boat out now...

20170425_122412.jpg

A suggestion, under the gunnels I would have the ply slanted, rather than extending the cabin top plywood down and been "boxey".   Even tho it will take more time to do, it will look more in proportion and the windows won't look "lost" and will look more boaty.

Edited by Robbo

3 hours ago, Robbo said:

A suggestion, under the gunnels I would have the ply slanted, rather than extending the cabin top plywood down and been "boxey".   Even tho it will take more time to do, it will look more in proportion and the windows won't look "lost" and will look more boaty.

Thanks it will be slanted. That was just one profile and set up another slanted one but no picture of it looks much better. It will also house pipework and socket cables.

Haha nice comment.

She's been painting I've been wiring up spotlights... next to run pipe work and cables under gunnels for kitchen ect... need to think about hot water and I'm open to suggestions. We will have a webasto and rads running down one side of boat...

20170508_182359.jpg

20170508_182339.jpg

20170508_182324.jpg

• 2 months later...

Thanks.  Not too sure got it on ebay. Only thing  is the hieght it's fine for me but not for taller people so I'm going to sink it into the cieling  and silly me put the extractor right behind it so I'll have to move it out of shower area.

• 3 months later...
On 11/21/2016 at 21:45, blackrose said:

I used to know a bloke who moved a 72ft butty with a 25hp outboard and he did ok. It wasn't easy to stop the boat though.

There used to be a chap with an unconventional life style with a very tired wooden butty that he moored at Lapworth that he powered with a Seagull Century + he asked me if I would tow him to Barbridge as the stopping power afforded by the Seagull was Nil  about 6miles into the trip on x straps the "T" stud pulled out along with a section of fore deck. He said to leave him there as he had no money for the repair at that time, & would let me know when  he was ready to move, never heard from him or saw the boat again it was 1964 & the boats was more or less all covered in roofing felt hull/ cabin the lot ,don't know if any one remembers it & what happened to it as far as I remember it didn't display a name (Broken up I would guess)

12 hours ago, Davestampy1 said:

sorry its been a while. here is my logburner we completed today. kitchen in roughly apart from maybe moving the island to the other side better walk way then. and worktops...

20171111_192206.jpg

20171111_191759.jpg

There you go Dave....just needed a little “gee up” from me.  It’s looking great, keep up the good work.

Phil

he has two beds :) first being hes main. which also houses our tank and draw at the front and a comparment at the back. second his back up ... thanks phill kept meaning to. next jobs will be worktops in kitchen and flooring. we are proberly going to get click vynal flooring...

15104363060161967257501.jpg

15104364346082078354486.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Kitchen finally almost finished jist some painting.

Made a staircase that has storage from top step and drawer on the bottom. Tiled back of bathroom wall... almost there now jist some trims on joins fix hatch and paint throughout...

20180305_114358.jpg

20180305_132547.jpg

20180305_132611.jpg

• 4 weeks later...