Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
mizpah2

wide beam

Featured Posts

21 hours ago, DRP said:

Stop worrying, and enjoy it.

Here's inspiration for you;

20160923_142227_resized.jpg.002cf4a6b1825d4a1e3aa43b7e5f71a3.jpg

Margaret is 5feet 2ins, 71/2 stone and "well over 21".

You'll soon find you don't need the bow thruster, and certainly not the silly stick thing on the tiller.

Welcome to the world of fat boats!

IMG_0141.JPG

Many thanks for this; Margaret is a power house and I have a lot to live up to if I don't want to let the distaff side down!

On 2017-5-29 at 11:17, Ray T said:

Went to the Crick Boat Show yesterday and at a casual glance I would suggest there were as many wide beams on display as narrow boats. Certainly more than a couple of years ago.

I noticed that also, a few narrows over by the bridge entrance then the rest were wide beams.

Had a look on a couple and i was a little envious of the room they have, but standing at the stern and looking down made me realise how much hard work it must be to steer them, more so through bridges, tight gaps...

On 30/05/2017 at 13:12, Dave Payne said:

I noticed that also, a few narrows over by the bridge entrance then the rest were wide beams.

Had a look on a couple and i was a little envious of the room they have, but standing at the stern and looking down made me realise how much hard work it must be to steer them, more so through bridges, tight gaps...

Not really. I haven't found my widebeam any more difficult to steer than my old narrowboat.