42 feet of pure prettiness

MissMax

Featured Posts

Not true. Some marinas will accept mail for leisure moorings. I used to live in one.

The other point which hasn't been explained is that of the 'planning unit'. If an application is made for moorings to be designated dwellinghouses, the application will be accompanied by a location plan, marking the positions of those moorings with a red line around them. This is how planning works for all applications. They are specific to a location. So if you are in a marina which moves moorers around from time to time, then the whole concept of leisure v residential becomes nonsense and unenforceable.

For example, my old mooring was a CRT site where we all moored stern on to a pontoon and rafted up side by side. Some vacant moorings were advertised as resi, some as leisure. The boaters there would shuffle around when a vacancy came up so that the longest serving moorers got the best spots. This makes a mockery of CRT's position of advertising a specific type of mooring (and in their mooring adverts they state that a specific spot cannot be claimed). The Council will have a plan which specifically marks which spots are resi, so if you've moved to a new spot, you could still be enforced against, irrespective of what type of mooring CRT say you have.

In practice, of course, none of this happens because the councils have better things to do.

My current mooring is resi, my old mooring was leisure. I lost not a wink of sleep over any of it.

What do you mean by a residential address? I've had two different leisure moorings and had my post delivered to both. I can also have my post delivered to someone else's residential address. What's the problem for you?

My youngest has to be registered at a doctors due to ongoing therapy and to register with a GP we are asked for proof of where we live, preferably a council tax bill. It isn't the general post that is the issue, I can get that delivered elsewhere.

My youngest has to be registered at a doctors due to ongoing therapy and to register with a GP we are asked for proof of where we live, preferably a council tax bill. It isn't the general post that is the issue, I can get that delivered elsewhere.

Others with ongoing health issues on here have suggested that this is quite possible. I would start a new thread, asking about your specific circumstances, also contact the RBOA since they have experience on this. Also, have you discussed your situation with a GP? I cannot see why this isn't resolvable. Many renters don't pay council tax so that surely can't be required. Why can't your mooring agreement be proof of where you live?

Edited by Dave_P

Others with ongoing health issues on here have suggested that this is quite possible. I would start a new thread, asking about your specific circumstances, also contact the RBOA since they have experience on this. Also, have you discussed your situation with a GP? I cannot see why this isn't resolvable. Many renters don't pay council tax so that surely can't be required. Why can't your mooring agreement be proof of where you live?

We have moorers here that pay council tax, but CRT say all these moorings are for leisure, mail is delivered and the council supply bins, so clearly the council couldnt care less its one less problem for them finding housing. Clearly a case of common sense over riding the law

• Greenie 1

Ok chaps. This is my thingy :) it tells me the temp at the top of the boat

lrAsFAU.jpg

I have it here by the kitchen / bathroom

VFyxwif.jpg

Pets cant destroy it up here.....i think it works

I have a wooden deck that lifts up.

4NcRofS.jpg

I found these things when i was poking around the bottom bit

IVlho0F.jpg

uQxleXu.jpg

2XI5yw5.jpg

HKKtD13.jpg

H1Krubg.jpg

vTZRPsh.jpg

Yq9lJ0W.jpg

P9dgIKM.jpg

Do i need all the above stuff or does anyone know what they are for?

Also have lots of slabs in my bottom

uEK8amb.jpg

1wP9yiU.jpg

Inside the bag above is a lump of iron that would drop through the boat if i tried to move it!

what do i do with the slabs

This is where i put the handle when charging. Anymore and im blooming terrified (it's also my main driving speed)

uQRkjiB.jpg

These are the light tubes that are for the boat (i guess) is switching to LSD easier than using these?

wBhTUE9.jpg

I think i will opt for pleasure moorings so i can potter around the L&L. I've walked Birmingham canals during the day and night getting home, and i have had to explain 'Rule 1' to so many people. Unless you have decent safe moorings i wouldn't feel happy leaving my crew on the boat without me.

You lot at the back (yeah you lot drinking Carlsberg Special Brew with a straw) leave my cat alone (pick on the dog as much as you like)

***** While Mr Peterboat is away polishing his jet. I may have chucked out the previous fire and Co thingy as they looked icky......i may have taken the batteries out the smoke alarm as it kept on ringing when ever i lit the cooker. The Co thingy i have now is the only one that doesn't keep on pinging

System 4-50 will have his toe hair tied to a goat (while covered in jam......him not the goat as that would just be weird....or a fantasy)

Thank you FadeToScarlett.......you could still spank him.....or kick him in the ankles :)

Patty-Ann Im so glad my trauma gets you going in the morning :D

Also have lots of slabs in my bottom O-er Matron !!!!

These are the light tubes that are for the boat (i guess) is switching to LSD easier than using these?

There are a number of alternatives these days "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" is so 60s.

You might get 'bright lights' with LSD, but maybe LCD would be a better alternative for a boat.

1. Carbon Monoxide alarm

2.Carbon Monoxide alarm, Porthole,Jacket

3.Rope, hosepipe,mooring pins

4.Spanners, mains lead

5.Oil Filter

6.Belts

7.Stern Gland Grease. (you have been turning the greaser occasionally?), oil filters,Circuit breakers, Alternator Controller

8.Hosepipe, oil filter

9.Cable

10.Multimeter?

11.First aid kit

12. Ballast (to trim/level the boat),trainers

13.ballast

14.Throttle control

15. Fluorescent tubes

All useful stuff in my opinion

Edited by rusty69

Thanks Rusty69...is ballast the slabs?

Here is the fridge. It makes a noise when i flick the switch but it creeps me out to much to use

8k8NzeG.jpg

89iqFc1.jpg

f8R3OEZ.jpg

1m49cH8.jpg

c0lkGwC.jpg

Just trying to work out how to get it off the boat as it's nothing but a fluff collector. Was told it works off battery and mains but as

you all know my batteries are withholding privileges from me :( (even my batteries are men bah!)

once the seal is gone then the fridge is of no use. How do i get it out?

Yes, the slabs (and probably the metal in a bag) are ballast.

Looks like a nice fridge, eats electricity though (unless it is gas as well). Worth keeping if its 12 volts and you can get your battery/charging regime sorted out. Maybe worth enquiring regarding a new seal for it , assuming it works.

Edited by rusty69

Another one here who has great admiration for your courage in buying and trying to learn about your boat.

Can't offer advice about how to remove your fridge but if even if you are not using it and plan to get rid, make sure to keep the door from closing or else the inside will go mouldy and that is horrible.

How do you get it out? As a kit -but it looks fairly clean, and it makes a noise, so why get rid of it when it may be useful once you get your batteries properly functioning.

Edited by Athy

Hi MaggieMay. Sorry if you were hoping for some grown up intellectual conversations (i do try...honestly) at least im drinking a cup of tea without the spoon in it while i post :)

My problem is that the fridge aint pretty :( i want something cool to look at (you have seen my boat right!) This fridge looks soooo 80s. Cant get the batteries checked till next month (where the heck is all my money going)

Can someone tell me what a 'Multi meter' is and what it is for

Multi meter, is an instrument use for measuring electrical voltage and current.

The Snap-on one you have is an old model, that has some functions you cannot use on diesel engines.

DO NOT dispose of it. If it works (may need new batteries) it will tell you much about your charging system.

Get someone who knows how to use one to show you how to use it.

With what else youv'e found, you done good.

Bod

ps if you knew how much that cost new, you'd make it a very soft cushion!

Hi MaggieMay. Sorry if you were hoping for some grown up intellectual conversations (i do try...honestly) at least im drinking a cup of tea without the spoon in it while i post :)

My problem is that the fridge aint pretty :( i want something cool to look at (you have seen my boat right!) This fridge looks soooo 80s. Cant get the batteries checked till next month (where the heck is all my money going)

Can someone tell me what a 'Multi meter' is and what it is for

The snap on multimeter is old, I suggest that you get a more modern digital meter when you can afford one as they are more accurate and have a higher resolution more suitable for measuring battery voltages (£10 - £20). Google using a multimeter for some excellent tutorials.

Some Blue Peter sticky back plastic and vinyl transfers will transform your fridge

Never drink tea with a spoon in the cup as it can lead to blindness

Yes, the slabs (and probably the metal in a bag) are ballast.

Looks like a nice fridge, eats electricity though (unless it is gas as well). Worth keeping if its 12 volts and you can get your battery/charging regime sorted out. Maybe worth enquiring regarding a new seal for it , assuming it works.

Our Engel fridge which is 12v only compressor fridge uses very little power.

Looks to be about the same size as that one.

Our Engel fridge which is 12v only compressor fridge uses very little power.

Looks to be about the same size as that one.

I would certainly try and keep it if it was mine, even if it requires modernising in appearance and a new seal can be sourced.

It will probably consume less power that a 240 Volts unit and associated inverter, but even ,say ,32W(@12V) will be a lot if the batteries aren't currently up to the job.

Edited by rusty69

If I leave a bottle of cider out tonight, will the boat fairy pay me a visit with his magic wrench and make my boat perfect ?

I think it's cider..... It's in a bottle. I found it on the boat :)

I'll clean the fridge and test its power constipation tomorrow

Still looks like a 80s throw back :(

If I leave a bottle of cider out tonight, will the boat fairy pay me a visit with his magic wrench and make my boat perfect ?

I think it's cider..... It's in a bottle. I found it on the boat smile.png

I'll clean the fridge and test its power constipation tomorrow

Still looks like a 80s throw back sad.png

I suspect if you leave a bottle of cider out, someone will probably pay you a visit!

My problem is that the fridge aint pretty :( i want something cool to look at (you have seen my boat right!) This fridge looks soooo 80s.

Yes. Not pretty. I can't quite tell from the photos, but I suspect that you can unscrew the frame around the door edge and remove that wood-effect panel. Then you could paint it, cover it with fablon or replace it with some new Formica in a pattern of your choice or whatever,and then refit the frame.

As I understand it you're struggling to put more energy into your batteries than you're taking out. That being so I would use the fridge sparingly or not at all, managing through the winter by keeping perishable food for less time and/or outside. But provided it works or can reasonably be made to e.g. by replacing the seal, I'd keep it because in summer you will need it and should have the solar power for it. As has been said, there are cheap ways of making the outside of the fridge look how you want it.